Help with putting together new stalls (Lots of pictures) - Page 2
   

       The Horse Forum > Barns, Boarding, and Farms > Barn Maintenance

Help with putting together new stalls (Lots of pictures)

This is a discussion on Help with putting together new stalls (Lots of pictures) within the Barn Maintenance forums, part of the Barns, Boarding, and Farms category

    Like Tree4Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        04-23-2013, 02:56 PM
      #11
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mistysms    
    When you say wood strips on the back of the stall do you mean the grey things? The grey pieces you see going around the stall walls are PVC pipe cut in half. Or if you are taking about the white strips on the top and bottom of the white stuff that is also the siding stuff. The only wood they can get to are the solid walls in-between the stalls and the solid walls that's painted. But If there is one thing I have learned about horses its that they will find a way to destroy everything lol. Me, my boyfriend and step-dad have put a ton of love and hard work in to them I can't wait to bring them home!! :)
    Yes, the siding. Sorry I re read it and realized that's what it is. It looks like wooden wall paneling, like the kind in old homes, lol. Either way I'd be worried about it breaking into sharp edges if it somehow got kicked or damaged other wise. Though I do like its washability!
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        04-23-2013, 03:01 PM
      #12
    Green Broke
    I am interested to see if the half PVC pipe holds up. We have always put 2x4s up instead, the pipes look nice.
         
        04-23-2013, 04:04 PM
      #13
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SlideStop    
    Yes, the siding. Sorry I re read it and realized that's what it is. It looks like wooden wall paneling, like the kind in old homes, lol. Either way I'd be worried about it breaking into sharp edges if it somehow got kicked or damaged other wise. Though I do like its washability!
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Lol it's ok, I really like the way it looks and I really really like its washability! I will be checking everything over every morning when I let them out to make sure there isn't any breaking any where and no sharp edges. But of course it's only a matter of time tell I have to replace it
         
        04-23-2013, 04:07 PM
      #14
    Green Broke
    We hang water buckets slightly above tail height. Got really darn tired of horses back up to their buckets and pooping in them!

    Another option you have is hang the buckets from baling twine (use two strands) around the center post in the stall and then you can adjust it up and down until you find the perfect height for each horse.

    If your horse is the nervous nellie, gotta be looking out the front of their stall at all times, hang the water bucket on the very front of the stall. Found those horses will drink 30-50% more water than if it's hanging on the side of their stall.
         
        04-23-2013, 04:08 PM
      #15
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Taffy Clayton    
    I am interested to see if the half PVC pipe holds up. We have always put 2x4s up instead, the pipes look nice.
    I am so worried about my horse's chewing on the wood because I have read so many people having trouble with that. Even tho my horses have never chewed on wood I would rather be safe then sorry. At first I didn't like the PVC pipe idea but after we got it up it does look pretty nice. I will let you know how the hold up once my horses come home
    Taffy Clayton likes this.
         
        04-23-2013, 08:06 PM
      #16
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Delfina    
    We hang water buckets slightly above tail height. Got really darn tired of horses back up to their buckets and pooping in them!

    Another option you have is hang the buckets from baling twine (use two strands) around the center post in the stall and then you can adjust it up and down until you find the perfect height for each horse.

    If your horse is the nervous nellie, gotta be looking out the front of their stall at all times, hang the water bucket on the very front of the stall. Found those horses will drink 30-50% more water than if it's hanging on the side of their stall.
    Slightly above tail height, got it thank you! Also I kind of like the idea of hanging it outside the stall so they can have more room in the stall
         
        04-29-2013, 02:15 PM
      #17
    Foal
    If you have the nets, then don't bother with the metal feeders. Personally I don't use the feeders. Horses naturally eat with their heads down, so I don't like feeding them above my stomach/rib height. I recently started using a slow feed net & I really like it. So mug less waste than the metal feeder, or my larger net hay bag.

    I have these, and they work great Bucket Hanger - Horse.com

    However, I use the same style bucket as you pictured & they tip towards the wall. So next time I need to buy hangers, I plan to get these Fortiflex Wall Bracket - Horse.com there are a few kinds, but I'm posting from my phone & too lazy to look. Lol. They have a you shaped bottom that holds the bucket lip from tipping towards the wall. I've tried just mounting a strip of wood, but it doesn't work too well.
    Posted via Mobile Device
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Wild Ponies! (Lots and lots of pictures!) Kati Horse Pictures 3 04-20-2013 08:04 PM
    Putting Watermark on Many Pictures equiniphile General Off Topic Discussion 11 07-21-2012 01:50 PM
    LOTS for sale lots of pictures My2Geldings Tack and Equipment Classifieds 17 02-22-2010 02:54 PM
    Putting Pictures on Sketter Horse Riding Critique 1 10-14-2009 06:39 PM
    Horse Symposium (lots of pictures and I mean LOTS!!!!!) SonnyWimps Horse Talk 6 04-05-2008 09:32 AM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:09 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0