Originally Posted by SonnyWimps
Originally Posted by free_sprtd
Does Your stable/barn (boarding) have rules or guidelines that you have to follow when being there, time limit, hours, ect? Just curious.......
mainly the rules are for the kids who come up during the day to ride, so most does not include me.
The rules for them consist of:
(1) barn hours are from 9 am - 5 pm...you can't come earlier or stay later
(2) helmets MUST be worn at all times if mounted
(3) cannot ride a horse that they haven't ridden for lessons (so a beginner can't ride a crazy green horse)
(4) you MUST clean up after yourself
(5) if Ann (a lady who helps train the horses) come to ride you MUST leave the upper barn, and let her have her riding time in peave
(6) you cannot ride any of the boarder's horses unless you have their permission
(7) you can only use the barn owner's tack and equiptment
And for me, really only 4 and 6 apply to me. I'm over 18 so legally I can ride without a helmet, and the BO is okay with me not using it (though I always do use a helmet)...I've ridden all of the BO's horses for lessons so I'm safe there haha....I've ridden with Ann lots of times and she hasn't complained yet so she'll live haha...and I have my own tack so I use my own saddle and briddle
1 and 5 I don't like. I work a 40 hour week so I'd never be able to ride. That would totally suck! And 5, I don't agree with training in peace. I think training horses should be ridden among the noise and the commotion, how else will they learn to deal?
Teehee... just had to comment man... cus i'm mean like that....
Ok, here's MY barn rules... The barn is mine. MINE MINE MINE... Um... yeah... it gets lonely.... all by myself... I would LOVE to find ONE responsible person to board there. I would let them stay free just to have a riding partner... OR I'd let someone ride Beauty and Style just so that I had a riding partner... Do you know how hard it is to find RESPONSIBLE people that have EXPERIENCE???