$650-800 budget for saddle. Best brands to look for?
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > Western Riding > Barrel Racing

$650-800 budget for saddle. Best brands to look for?

This is a discussion on $650-800 budget for saddle. Best brands to look for? within the Barrel Racing forums, part of the Western Riding category
  • Barrel saddle brands
  • Top ten barrel racing saddles brands

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    02-10-2011, 11:49 PM
  #1
Yearling
$650-800 budget for saddle. Best brands to look for?

I have been looking for a barrel saddle and have a price range of about 650-800 to spend. What brand of saddle can I get that I get the highest quality in that price range? All of this meaning *new* saddle.
What could I get with my budget for a used one?
What should I be looking for or trying to find?
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    02-10-2011, 11:53 PM
  #2
Yearling
I'm not sure about barrel saddles but don't discount any used ones. I got my Keiffer Dressage saddle, used for $250. It's barely been used and was in great condition.

I'm not 100% sure about western saddle prices but you can get either a really nice used saddle or a mediocer new saddle.
     
    02-10-2011, 11:55 PM
  #3
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arksly    
I'm not sure about barrel saddles but don't discount any used ones. I got my Keiffer Dressage saddle, used for $250. It's barely been used and was in great condition.

I'm not 100% sure about western saddle prices but you can get either a really nice used saddle or a mediocer new saddle.

Thanks! I have given a lot of thought to a used one. My sister has found several billy cooks for about $500 and they aren't falling apart. I just have to keep looking...
     
    02-11-2011, 12:09 AM
  #4
Yearling
Are tex tan saddles any good?
What would this one be like qualiy wise?

Tex Tan Chaser Barrel Saddle - Statelinetack.com
     
    02-11-2011, 12:35 AM
  #5
Showing
I don't know much about Tex-Tans, but Corriente makes a nice saddle and they can customize it to look the way that you want. I have one of theirs and I am extremely pleased with it. They're right in your price range too. Mine was custom built for me for less than $700.
https://corrientesaddleco.com/Home_Page.php

If you chose a saddle that they have in stock, you would have it within a matter of days but custom jobs generally take about 30 from order to delivery.
     
    02-11-2011, 12:40 AM
  #6
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by smrobs    
I don't know much about Tex-Tans, but Corriente makes a nice saddle and they can customize it to look the way that you want. I have one of theirs and I am extremely pleased with it. They're right in your price range too. Mine was custom built for me for less than $700.
https://corrientesaddleco.com/Home_Page.php

If you chose a saddle that they have in stock, you would have it within a matter of days but custom jobs generally take about 30 from order to delivery.
I've looked into them, I actually have them tabbed on my screen. Lol. Do you know what options they have for the seats? I see the striped and spider web seats and I'm curious as to what else they have.
And after they finished it, how long did it take for it to get to you?
     
    02-11-2011, 12:43 AM
  #7
Showing
I honestly don't know what all kinds of seats they offer, you would just have to call or e-mail and ask. Mine was a very un-colorful ranch saddle but it took about 28 days from the day I ordered it to when it was delivered to my door.
     
    02-11-2011, 12:46 AM
  #8
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by smrobs    
I honestly don't know what all kinds of seats they offer, you would just have to call or e-mail and ask. Mine was a very un-colorful ranch saddle but it took about 28 days from the day I ordered it to when it was delivered to my door.
I'll have to look into them some more. They looked like nice saddles. If only they had the prices on the website. Oh well calling doesnt hurt. Haha.
     
    02-11-2011, 12:48 AM
  #9
Showing
Exactly, and they can give you a quote before you actually place the order as well so that if it ends up being more than you planned, you can change your mind.
     
    02-11-2011, 12:49 AM
  #10
Yearling
Thanks again.
     

Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Budget AP Saddle 16.5 Oxer Tack and Equipment Classifieds 13 03-04-2011 10:08 PM
Help! Your Opinon (Saddle Brands) Sketter Horse Tack and Equipment 13 12-13-2009 09:52 AM
Saddle Brands - please, help! kitten_Val Horse Tack and Equipment 8 11-10-2009 09:28 AM
Top Saddle Brands Moxie Horse Tack and Equipment 1 11-03-2008 11:17 AM
English Saddle Brands AKPaintLover Horse Tack and Equipment 3 03-28-2008 02:05 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0