Barrel Racing Is NOT Easy ^.^ - Page 2 - The Horse Forum

 32Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 38 Old 12-15-2011, 06:39 PM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Georgia
Posts: 4,962
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4d View Post
How hard can it be , girls do it.
You know, I used to like you Joe..but now I see how it is..

Mango, we have a name for those girls...they are called Lean Queens..They sit there and ride Daddy's money..The rest of us work our butts off to get where we are and have the horses we have...I know I wasn't handed anything when it comes to horses. I'm 23 and putting myself through college..I take care of my own and make my own way..

I am Sparkly Meanie Doodie Head and I approve this message!

Last edited by DrumRunner; 12-15-2011 at 06:42 PM.
DrumRunner is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 38 Old 12-15-2011, 07:19 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 16,685
• Horses: 1
You'll always be a better barrel racer than they are.. it's about the heart you put into the game and riding behind it :) If they want to show off on bush button ponies.. well they can go ahead and do that.
Barrels4Lyfe likes this.
Skyseternalangel is offline  
post #13 of 38 Old 12-16-2011, 12:04 AM
Foal
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 98
• Horses: 2
I will be doing barrels.
My horse (3 years old) and I are green (bad combo I know, but we're actually a good team. He's a good match for me, but that's another story) and my trainer is showing me all the basics. I'm still walking the barrels. There's this girl, who thinks she's hot **** cause she's gone to fair on her 18 YEAR OLD HORSE THAT KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING. I get so mad cause me and my horse are working our asses off and she's just trying to stay on.

~

But we will beat her ass once I start competing :3
Barrels4Lyfe likes this.
meganishername is offline  
post #14 of 38 Old 12-16-2011, 01:38 AM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 4,355
• Horses: 2
Uhhh,well....

I just started to do barrels and gymkhana.
I never had lessons for it but people always give me pointers.It's not that easy but it's not that hard either. It does take time to learn how to do it properly...people can jump horses...anyone can do anything with their horses but doesn't mean they will be good at it ..especially right away.People have to find their "groove" with their horse so they are in sync with each other. People get finished barrel horses and are beginners....Gidget is a finished barrel racer. She was doing races in California. I've had her for 2 years and I'm now bringing her back into it. She knows what she is doing but needs a slight tune up...my mom bought me her for xmas(I paid half).....I understand what you mean though.
Barrels4Lyfe likes this.
Gidget is offline  
post #15 of 38 Old 12-16-2011, 01:42 AM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 4,355
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by meganishername View Post
I will be doing barrels.
My horse (3 years old) and I are green (bad combo I know, but we're actually a good team. He's a good match for me, but that's another story) and my trainer is showing me all the basics. I'm still walking the barrels. There's this girl, who thinks she's hot **** cause she's gone to fair on her 18 YEAR OLD HORSE THAT KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING. I get so mad cause me and my horse are working our asses off and she's just trying to stay on.

~

But we will beat her ass once I start competing :3

See,in MY opinion I think you should just focus on you and your horse and not what others think of themselves. Let them think they are good.Maybe they really are. Just because someone has an excellent horse doesn't mean it's only the horse that is making them win.It takes a team to make it happen.Your horse is young.It will take lots of time to get him to where this girl's horse is at and who knows maybe your horse will be better once he is finished...I would just enjoy it.
Barrels4Lyfe likes this.
Gidget is offline  
post #16 of 38 Old 12-16-2011, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nebraskaaa
Posts: 49
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrelRacer23 View Post
Oddly that's not what ever really gets me. Its the poeple that try for forever and fail, get all kinds of good advice and just keep on failing. When there's so many barrel trainers around here and people to get lessons from, makes me confused.

As for the parents buying already trained horse. I normally advise people to buy a finished horse when starting, its easier. My mare is being bought buy a girl getting into it, she's finished and will teach her well. If I ever got into another discipline I will buy myself a horse trained for it already to start. Other wise it always made me annoyed to be passed up by people who just got into it on their nice 1D horses just bought, my mom couldn't afford me a 1D horse and my mare never could cut it, she is a 2D horse. So long hard work and now I have my prospect im training myself with my moms help of course.
Posted via Mobile Device
I like to train my own so I know me and the horse will work well together.

I love my cow horses. Foundys rule. That is all.
Barrels4Lyfe is offline  
post #17 of 38 Old 12-16-2011, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nebraskaaa
Posts: 49
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumRunner View Post
You know, I used to like you Joe..but now I see how it is..

Mango, we have a name for those girls...they are called Lean Queens..They sit there and ride Daddy's money..The rest of us work our butts off to get where we are and have the horses we have...I know I wasn't handed anything when it comes to horses. I'm 23 and putting myself through college..I take care of my own and make my own way..
I agree! My friend, she's nice and she's a good friend and all, but when she starts complaining saying how she hates her horse and her mom makes her keep him I wanna punch her and say, atleast you GET EVERYTHING FREE! She got her horses free, she gets free feed,etc.

I love my cow horses. Foundys rule. That is all.
Barrels4Lyfe is offline  
post #18 of 38 Old 12-16-2011, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nebraskaaa
Posts: 49
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by meganishername View Post
I will be doing barrels.
My horse (3 years old) and I are green (bad combo I know, but we're actually a good team. He's a good match for me, but that's another story) and my trainer is showing me all the basics. I'm still walking the barrels. There's this girl, who thinks she's hot **** cause she's gone to fair on her 18 YEAR OLD HORSE THAT KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING. I get so mad cause me and my horse are working our asses off and she's just trying to stay on.

~

But we will beat her ass once I start competing :3
Your supposed to start the course at a walk when training ;)
I bet you will!

I love my cow horses. Foundys rule. That is all.
Barrels4Lyfe is offline  
post #19 of 38 Old 12-16-2011, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nebraskaaa
Posts: 49
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidget View Post
Uhhh,well....

I just started to do barrels and gymkhana.
I never had lessons for it but people always give me pointers.It's not that easy but it's not that hard either. It does take time to learn how to do it properly...people can jump horses...anyone can do anything with their horses but doesn't mean they will be good at it ..especially right away.People have to find their "groove" with their horse so they are in sync with each other. People get finished barrel horses and are beginners....Gidget is a finished barrel racer. She was doing races in California. I've had her for 2 years and I'm now bringing her back into it. She knows what she is doing but needs a slight tune up...my mom bought me her for xmas(I paid half).....I understand what you mean though.
Yeah, I basically taught myself with my friend telling me some tips. ;)

I love my cow horses. Foundys rule. That is all.
Barrels4Lyfe is offline  
post #20 of 38 Old 12-16-2011, 05:24 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,288
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrels4Lyfe View Post
I like to train my own so I know me and the horse will work well together.
Every horse I own has been bought unbroke or green. I've been bought one finished barrel horse on payments, I had tons of fun on him and he taught me some too. Teaching someone on a horse that knows nothing is hard because you can only advance them as far as the horse knows. The mare im selling was my only horse for a long time, and she took awhile to become finished and reliable. Now I have only a 4 year old colt to ride. I guess I just don't see the point in gripping about what others can afford and what you can't. I worked my butt off to get my colt, im proud of that and that's enough for me.
Posted via Mobile Device
Barrels4Lyfe likes this.
BarrelRacer23 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTS in the US Nathan Lamb barrel saddle and pink barrel racing equipment stan5050 Tack and Equipment Classifieds 3 07-24-2011 12:47 PM
Barrel Racing and Racing Bloodline. HopalongCassidy General Off Topic Discussion 4 02-24-2011 01:08 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome