I would have to say BuckOff41570 is very correct
Speaking about purchasing a cheap saddle (OF GOOD QUALITY
To ride barrels in.
I ride barrels and know that without a good saddle
My horse gets sore spots and is very unhappy when
The saddle hits him in spots that hurt(when it doesnt fit)
..the better the saddle fits the better the ride will be!
I would suggest looking for cheap saddles at:
- StateLineTack (or other magizines)
- Garage Sales (YES!)
- Local Tack Stores(You might be able to talk them down)
- Barrel racing sites from your local barrel racing communities
- will have saddles and such for sale as well.
Make sure you know-
Saddles can be expensive(be prepared!) DONT FORGET TO TRY IT OUT BEFORE BUYING IT!
- Your seat size
- Color preference and style (does it match my headstall?)
- Brands you may want
- What stirrup lengths are on saddle
- What a good price is(600$-1200$)
- DONT BUY SADDLES MADE OF THINGS NOT LEATHER!