New update. Just got back from Birch Tree, MO from the lameness specialist. Was there for about 4-5 hours and still didn't get many answers. Did find out that he isn't lame in the leg we thought it was. (The hind leg that was swollen up.) He is lame in his front right. This vet said not to worry about the swelling that he could have just been bitten by something and just reacted to it. (It has went down a lot though.)
After he evaluated Kyler and finally figured out that it was his right front, he started to go further into diagnosis.
He didn't x-ray or ultrasound the leg because he said Kyler wasn't showing any obvious pain. So he started from the hoof and did a nerve block, waited 5 minutes for it to kick in, then the nurse trotted him off again, still limping.
Went a little further up to the fetlock, did a nerve block, waited 5 minutes, then trotted him off again, still limping.
Went a little bit further up, did a nerve block, waited 5 minutes, then trotted him off, still limping.
Went a little bit further to his knee, did a nerve block, waited 10 minutes, trotted him off, still limping.
After that he came up to us and said that there really wasn't anywhere else to block other than his shoulder, and that it was a little bit more riskier. The needle would be longer. He also said that if this doesn't work then to really find out what it was we would have to get a bone scan, which he couldn't do and would have to travel farther and pay a lot of money. We agreed to block his shoulder.
Blocked the shoulder and waited 15 minutes for it work. It was honestly the longest 15 minutes of my life. I just wanted to figure out what was wrong with my baby.
After the 15 minutes, trotted him off, and still limping.
The vet said that there wasn't much more he could do, so he sent us home with bute, and said to give him 2g everyday for 7 days, and just hope that he gets over it.
He's on stall rest for 7 days with that bute. Then just hope he stops limping..
This just blows my mind. :/
Hoping for the best.