what's a good theme color for my bay barrel horse? - Page 2
   

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > Western Riding > Barrel Racing

what's a good theme color for my bay barrel horse?

This is a discussion on what's a good theme color for my bay barrel horse? within the Barrel Racing forums, part of the Western Riding category
  • What color goes best on a bay barrel horse
  • Witch colour goes best with a bay horse

Like Tree6Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    02-27-2012, 10:03 PM
  #11
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumRunner    
The only thing about lime green is that it fades really quick and end up looking tacky..I'd go with something like a turquoise, that never looks bad on any horse, or black..I actually love black on a bay, or white..
It probably depends on the material that is used for the lime green. The noseband in the above picture is...8? Years old...and still looks as bright as it did when I purchased it.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    02-27-2012, 10:04 PM
  #12
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLaPorte432    
It probably depends on the material that is used for the lime green. The noseband in the above picture is...8? Years old...and still looks as bright as it did when I purchased it.
Do you know what material it is made of?
     
    02-27-2012, 10:05 PM
  #13
Green Broke
Ohhh..I would almost go with white..Oh! I know what would look great! The new Classic Equine Black Lace boots..mix a combo of black and white together and you'd look sharp..and classy.. Black saddle pad, Black Lace boots, black and white reins..



This is actually what I'm thinking about doing with my black mare..
     
    02-27-2012, 10:06 PM
  #14
Yearling
Why pick one colour? Go with plaid
     
    02-27-2012, 10:06 PM
  #15
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumRunner    
Ohhh..I would almost go with white..Oh! I know what would look great! The new Classic Equine Black Lace boots..mix a combo of black and white together and you'd look sharp..and classy.. Black saddle pad, Black Lace boots, black and white reins..



This is actually what I'm thinking about doing with my black mare..
Those r awesome!!! Haha those r SWEET!
     
    02-27-2012, 10:07 PM
  #16
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by EquestrianCowgirl4    
Do you know what material it is made of?
It's nylon, but has some type of coating over the top of it. So it doesn't feel like "clothy nylon" it's more of a "stiff nylon" Not sure what the exact name of it is. I've actually never cleaned it either, but it's used at shows only and my horses are usually washed before shows. LoL.

DR, I LOVE those boots! But they'd never be the same after the first time of wearing them. I'd never want to use them because they'd get dirty so quickly!
     
    02-27-2012, 10:09 PM
  #17
Green Broke
Me too!! They are so awesome..and really you could throw any color bell boot with that and make it louder...I would definitely go with those, it would look super classy and neat..It's a look that will last a long time too.
     
    02-27-2012, 10:10 PM
  #18
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLaPorte432    
It's nylon, but has some type of coating over the top of it. So it doesn't feel like "clothy nylon" it's more of a "stiff nylon" Not sure what the exact name of it is. I've actually never cleaned it either, but it's used at shows only and my horses are usually washed before shows. LoL.

DR, I LOVE those boots! But they'd never be the same after the first time of wearing them. I'd never want to use them because they'd get dirty so quickly!

thats true..... but they r so cool haha
     
    02-27-2012, 10:15 PM
  #19
Green Broke
I have a secret for that! I'm a professional boot cleaner lol...Oxyclean is my friend or the car interior cleaner.. I have the Professional's Choice giraffe boots and they still look like they did when I first got them 2 years ago. Just make sure you clean them off after every show and wash them and you'll be good...The best trick for washing tack EVER is the pressure washer or to take all of it to the big car wash places with the spray nozzle things..Soak the tack in cleaner then pressure wash it off. Looks brand new when you're done.
     
    02-27-2012, 10:21 PM
  #20
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumRunner    
I have a secret for that! I'm a professional boot cleaner lol...Oxyclean is my friend or the car interior cleaner.. I have the Professional's Choice giraffe boots and they still look like they did when I first got them 2 years ago. Just make sure you clean them off after every show and wash them and you'll be good...The best trick for washing tack EVER is the pressure washer or to take all of it to the big car wash places with the spray nozzle things..Soak the tack in cleaner then pressure wash it off. Looks brand new when you're done.
I am going to hier you to clean my tack lol :)
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Color theme for Barrel Horse horseryder Barrel Racing 21 02-01-2012 09:02 PM
A Good Barrel Horse? justineaiken Barrel Racing 11 01-15-2012 10:25 AM
Good barrel horse? barrelracer11 Barrel Racing 2 01-13-2012 07:23 AM
What is a good "theme" color for my horses tack? tntgoldengirl Horse Talk 5 04-09-2011 08:45 PM
Color theme for lexi?? [shopping for tack again] HorsesAreForever Horse Tack and Equipment 39 03-16-2008 06:06 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0