Ford vs Dodge? - Page 6
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Life Beyond Horses > Cars and Trucks

Ford vs Dodge?

This is a discussion on Ford vs Dodge? within the Cars and Trucks forums, part of the Life Beyond Horses category

    Like Tree14Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        12-26-2012, 02:39 PM
      #51
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbsitVita    
    Ford = first on race day!!!
    lol my boss says this to me all the time! I told him Ford= found on road dead. I've never had a Ford, but I've known only one person (my boss) who really liked them. I had a Dodge that was ok, it was good for I what I needed. It totaled very easily-had almost no body damage, but I did bend the frame going 30 lol. Every truck has its problems, but I still prefer a Dodge to a Ford.
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        12-26-2012, 02:52 PM
      #52
    Showing
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Horsesforu1104    
    Okay so my family and I were in a wreck last week and we were driving a ford F250 and we had turned a corner and a half ton dodge swerved into our lane and hit head on the drivers side. Our ford had a couple scratches and the power steering is out :( but it's already fixed in just a weeks time :) the dodge on the other hand is completely totaled and won't ever be driven again :/ all the cops at the scene were coming over to complement us on our truck LOL

    BTW NOBODY WAS HURT!!!!
    Glad you are OK

    Of course the Dodge was in worse shape, Dodge's are made from rejected Ford and Chevy parts

    .
    Horsesforu1104 likes this.
         
        01-01-2013, 12:56 AM
      #53
    Foal
    Personally I am a Ford guy. Next is Chevy. But I prefer Ford all the time they are greatly built in my opinion. I haven't seen any other truck hold up as well as a Ford.
    Trav
         
        01-16-2013, 11:06 PM
      #54
    Foal
    Put a Cummins in a Ford with a NV5600 6 speed tranny and you got the ultimate truck. I currently have a 2005 Dodge Cummins with over 230,000 miles and around 150,000 miles of that is pulling 15,000lbs+ I've owned all three from the 6.0 ohno Ford to the 6.6 Duramax. Nothing matches the torque of the Cummins for pulling. As for comfort? The Ford or Chevy win without a doubt.

    Okay, so F-250 through F-550 is Powerstroke / Scorpion. F-650 above is Cummins. The same one in the Dodge.

    Fortunately I bought a Cummins. Unfortunately its wrapped in a Dodge
         
        01-16-2013, 11:39 PM
      #55
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cincydiesel    
    Put a Cummins in a Ford with a NV5600 6 speed tranny and you got the ultimate truck. I currently have a 2005 Dodge Cummins with over 230,000 miles and around 150,000 miles of that is pulling 15,000lbs+ I've owned all three from the 6.0 ohno Ford to the 6.6 Duramax. Nothing matches the torque of the Cummins for pulling. As for comfort? The Ford or Chevy win without a doubt.

    Okay, so F-250 through F-550 is Powerstroke / Scorpion. F-650 above is Cummins. The same one in the Dodge.

    Fortunately I bought a Cummins. Unfortunately its wrapped in a Dodge
    i agree and disagree lol. The cummins has the torque and fuel economy that the others don't match from the factory. Where I disagree, is mainly just in my preference in what I want out of a truck, which is a little more extreme than probly most people on here. The cummins is slow revving and has a narrow power band. Which isnt a bad thing. It does what it was designed to do.

    In my opinion, all of the diesels have their faults from the factory that is up to the owner to take care of. Its not hard at all to get any of the diesels to put down plenty of torque. Personally, when I lay into the throttle, its not just torque. I want plenty of boost, and once its moving, I don't want it losing boost and falling flat. Which is why I prefer the 6.0's and love building them. While the 6.0 does have its weak links, I've seen the bottom end take abuse that I havent seen any of the others handle
         
        01-17-2013, 09:40 PM
      #56
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ls6firebird    
    i agree and disagree lol. The cummins has the torque and fuel economy that the others don't match from the factory. Where I disagree, is mainly just in my preference in what I want out of a truck, which is a little more extreme than probly most people on here. The cummins is slow revving and has a narrow power band. Which isnt a bad thing. It does what it was designed to do.

    In my opinion, all of the diesels have their faults from the factory that is up to the owner to take care of. Its not hard at all to get any of the diesels to put down plenty of torque. Personally, when I lay into the throttle, its not just torque. I want plenty of boost, and once its moving, I don't want it losing boost and falling flat. Which is why I prefer the 6.0's and love building them. While the 6.0 does have its weak links, I've seen the bottom end take abuse that I havent seen any of the others handle

    I've owned 2 6.0's and neither one lasted past 75,000 and the first gave way at 34,000. Matter of fact I've never heard of one mkaing it past 150,000 without first deleting the EGR and I'm a moderator on one of the largest diesel websites on the web. I agree with you about powerband though its designed to make 100% of its torque at 1,800 RPMs. A inline motor with that long of a stroke wouldn't last long at 4,000+. Not sure what you mean by boost on the 6.0 considering its only 22psi max on stock tuning while the cummins is 32?

    Please don't take this the wrong way but how many 6.0's or Ford Engines for that matter are on the NTPA circuit?
         
        01-17-2013, 10:22 PM
      #57
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cincydiesel    
    I've owned 2 6.0's and neither one lasted past 75,000 and the first gave way at 34,000. Matter of fact I've never heard of one mkaing it past 150,000 without first deleting the EGR and I'm a moderator on one of the largest diesel websites on the web. I agree with you about powerband though its designed to make 100% of its torque at 1,800 RPMs. A inline motor with that long of a stroke wouldn't last long at 4,000+. Not sure what you mean by boost on the 6.0 considering its only 22psi max on stock tuning while the cummins is 32?

    Please don't take this the wrong way but how many 6.0's or Ford Engines for that matter are on the NTPA circuit?
    ive owned my 04 since 05. Got it with 12k miles. Now it has 126k. Granted, within a couple weeks, I deleted the egr, replaced the oil cooler, flushed the coolant and replaced it with cat elc coolant. I studded it around 120k, still hadnt blown a gasket yet. Obviously needed the studs with the injector and turbo upgrade. That level, any diesel is going to need studded. I know of several 6.0s that have yet to blow gaskets. Yea, the emissions are deleted, but imo, that garbage needs to come off all diesels whether it causes damage or not.

    Ur right on the boost, I wasnt talking about stock. The cummins does have better numbers from the factory.

    I couldnt tell ya whats on the ntpa circuit. I know I've seen some pretty stout 6.0's at a lot of mstpa pulls. Not sure if river city still has their orange/black truck, but that one was/is impressive. Im not a fan of the pavement princess diesels, but innovative has a 6.0 running 10's in the 1/4 and an 11 second street truck in the ballpark of 100k miles. Street or pulling theyre out there. Not as common as the others, but theyre plenty capable
         
        01-18-2013, 03:09 PM
      #58
    Foal
    For a diesel you can not beat the Cummins...But I'm a Chevy girl through and through...Sadly just sold my 2500HD Duramax with Allison tranny! :( :( :(
         
        01-18-2013, 04:01 PM
      #59
    Green Broke
    We had a fresh-show-room-new Ford. Biggest POS ever. And their customer service was just as bad. We take great care of our vehicles, and this truck basically gave up after 12k. Pitty, it was a nice vehicle....got stolen (we were VERY excited!) and now we have a Dodge, two model years newer with all the fixings, and $20K less than the Ford.

    A cummins will keep on going when their isn't even a truck left. I will say that Mercedes messed up the clutches in them, we just replaced ours...they didn't like how much noise they make. IT'S A DIESEL TRUCK! What do you expect? Probably wouldn't have had to replace it if my dad would have taken off in granny gear instead of second when towing the horse trailer:P
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        01-18-2013, 04:03 PM
      #60
    Green Broke
    Ford is made in the USA, but some people don't realize that Chevy and Dodge trucks are now made in Mexico. That really upset some of their fans, but if it's a good truck, it's a good truck. Heck, Toyota trucks are made in the USA! What about one of them?:P
    Posted via Mobile Device
         

    Tags
    dodge, ford, truck

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Dodge vs Ford Faustinblack Cars and Trucks 59 03-30-2012 06:51 PM
    Looking for a Dodge Megacab SunShineMeadows Cars and Trucks 0 03-02-2011 01:05 AM
    1970 Dodge Ad. RegalCharm Cars and Trucks 5 01-17-2010 09:05 PM
    My new Dodge Kentucky Cars and Trucks 33 12-11-2009 08:09 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:00 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0