Your diesel rig. - Page 2 - The Horse Forum
 15Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 30 Old 07-17-2012, 05:17 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The sandbox
Posts: 5,372
• Horses: 0
Nice! I love color scheme and the flat top. The turned out stacks...very west coast.

Edit...we didn't add 6ft of frame just 3...not sure how I typed that!
Posted via Mobile Device
COWCHICK77 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 30 Old 07-21-2012, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: AR
Posts: 65
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by COWCHICK77 View Post
Nice! I love color scheme and the flat top. The turned out stacks...very west coast.

Edit...we didn't add 6ft of frame just 3...not sure how I typed that!
Posted via Mobile Device
Yea it actually used to work in Cali.
COWCHICK77 likes this.
Camo N Spurs is offline  
post #13 of 30 Old 07-23-2012, 11:37 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: kingsville, mo
Posts: 244
• Horses: 0
what all do you guys have done to your trucks?
ls6firebird is offline  
post #14 of 30 Old 07-24-2012, 10:07 AM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,038
• Horses: 4
95 Ford F800
5.9 Cummins
Allison AT545 Automatic
12' dump bed


It pretty much drives like a pickup, it's under CDL and it's nice to be able to haul and dump sand for the arena, mulch, dirt, gravel. We pull the horses with it and use it for jobs. Really we use it for everything, pulling the excavator and tractor to jobs, haulin hay and lumber.

Extras...Put low-pro tires on it, stereo system, customized the bed to hold shovels and rakes, put a new toolbox on the passenger side. No motor work. It's not fast but it's not a racehorse, it's a workhorse.

By the end of the summer I plan to black out the windows, re-paint the bed and front bumper, and maybe some aluminum wheels



Attachment 107622

Attachment 107623

Attachment 107624
mammakatja and COWCHICK77 like this.

Last edited by AmazinCaucasian; 08-17-2012 at 11:17 PM.
AmazinCaucasian is offline  
post #15 of 30 Old 07-24-2012, 10:14 AM
Trained
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The sandbox
Posts: 5,372
• Horses: 0
My husband does most of all his own work. If he gets stuck somewhere for a few days, he will tear something apart and rebuild it. Just last weekend he build a gear shifter extention cover out of stainless saftey rail. Especially if he is on the west coast they have some of the best chrome shops, he likes spending time out there. And if he is home for a week or so him and his engineer/welder friend look like a bunch of tweekers custom building all kinds of stuff, light bars, fender brackets...whatever...lol. We have been searching wrecking yards for that old school pin tufted leather interior most of them have been snagged or are destroyed, so will have to get that custom made. We have been pricing stacks too, I like how they out of the bottom of Camo n' Spurs truck...that's cool.
Body work and paint is going to be a biggie, he still can't decide on his paint scheme, every week it changes!

People think its crazy that he dumps that much time and money into a truck. But I figure if it makes him happy, he enjoys it and he takes care of it...who cares. He is the one who has to live in it he might as well like it!

I DON'T LEAD 'EM AND FEED 'EM, I RIDE 'EM AND SLIDE 'EM.
COWCHICK77 is offline  
post #16 of 30 Old 07-25-2012, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: AR
Posts: 65
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ls6firebird View Post
what all do you guys have done to your trucks?
Like far as mods?
Camo N Spurs is offline  
post #17 of 30 Old 07-25-2012, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: AR
Posts: 65
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by COWCHICK77 View Post
My husband does most of all his own work. If he gets stuck somewhere for a few days, he will tear something apart and rebuild it. Just last weekend he build a gear shifter extention cover out of stainless saftey rail. Especially if he is on the west coast they have some of the best chrome shops, he likes spending time out there. And if he is home for a week or so him and his engineer/welder friend look like a bunch of tweekers custom building all kinds of stuff, light bars, fender brackets...whatever...lol. We have been searching wrecking yards for that old school pin tufted leather interior most of them have been snagged or are destroyed, so will have to get that custom made. We have been pricing stacks too, I like how they out of the bottom of Camo n' Spurs truck...that's cool.
Body work and paint is going to be a biggie, he still can't decide on his paint scheme, every week it changes!

People think its crazy that he dumps that much time and money into a truck. But I figure if it makes him happy, he enjoys it and he takes care of it...who cares. He is the one who has to live in it he might as well like it!
Lol sounds like me and my Pete I have it stripped to a frame,engine and just cab (no sleeper)
Camo N Spurs is offline  
post #18 of 30 Old 07-25-2012, 08:55 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The sandbox
Posts: 5,372
• Horses: 0
LOL...boys and their toys!

I DON'T LEAD 'EM AND FEED 'EM, I RIDE 'EM AND SLIDE 'EM.
COWCHICK77 is offline  
post #19 of 30 Old 07-26-2012, 02:01 AM
Foal
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: kingsville, mo
Posts: 244
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo N Spurs View Post
Like far as mods?
yessir
ls6firebird is offline  
post #20 of 30 Old 07-26-2012, 02:02 AM
Foal
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: kingsville, mo
Posts: 244
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by COWCHICK77 View Post
LOL...boys and their toys!
he who dies with the most toys, wins
COWCHICK77 likes this.
ls6firebird is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Diesel <3 Hrsegirl Horse Pictures 17 09-26-2011 10:24 PM
The Diesel Thread! :D IheartPheobe Horse Riding 6 11-15-2009 12:53 PM
Diesel was so good! Spastic_Dove Horse Shows 8 02-23-2009 02:05 PM
Diesel says.. LoveMyAppy Horse Pictures 11 01-05-2008 11:22 PM
Diesel! LoveMyAppy Horse Pictures 8 12-02-2007 08:48 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome