After riding her for a few weeks I'm starting to get quite curious about her lineage!
She is a Quarter Horse-draft cross. I knew that from the moment I bought her. However, I don't know WHAT she's crossed with and I'm wondering if any long-time draft owners have any good guesses as to what she might be.
Some characteristics to help you out:
- Buckskin (I'm sure this rules some breeds out)
- While I haven't officially measured, she is certainly taller than 15hh, but not much more than that
- Quite round and bulky
- Light feathering around the hooves
- Thick, sloping shoulders
- Drops her front end while cantering
- Not a particularly thick neck
- Tail is medium-lengthed... Could possibly be bred specific? Not sure if this helps.
- ...Maybe someone can pick something out from her face, but I don't see anything that resembles a particular breed to me