Draft horse for a first horse? Yay or Nay? - Page 10
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Breeds > Draft Horses

Draft horse for a first horse? Yay or Nay?

This is a discussion on Draft horse for a first horse? Yay or Nay? within the Draft Horses forums, part of the Horse Breeds category

    Like Tree106Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        12-21-2012, 09:31 PM
      #91
    Started
    Looky...Looky...Topeka, Indiana!!!!

    Topeka Livestock Auction
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        12-21-2012, 09:33 PM
      #92
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvr2many    
    Who would I contact to do this?? Just on their site? I love a bit that I have for my TB and would love one for my mare but they do not stock them that size.
    For Myler...just go to their website and get the phone# and call them...The Mylers' will personally answer the phone...pretty cool people. For other companies, I'm sure maybe you could do the same? It will be pretty pricey, but so worth it.
         
        12-21-2012, 09:41 PM
      #93
    Started
    How about Equine Now?

    Draft Horses for Sale in Indiana
         
        12-21-2012, 11:39 PM
      #94
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Oldhorselady    
    ... I've had to call Myler for a custom 7" bit to be made. I think the vendors feel proud and special to have participated in making things to fit the unusual.
    The person that deserves the credit for Myler getting into draft driving bits is actually Rose the owner of Big Horse Feed in Temecula.
         
        12-22-2012, 12:16 AM
      #95
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Left Hand Percherons    
    The person that deserves the credit for Myler getting into draft driving bits is actually Rose the owner of Big Horse Feed in Temecula.

    Wow, really? Small world!
         
        12-22-2012, 12:17 AM
      #96
    Started
    Ok....lol....draft experience for your farrier.....just kidding...this is the extreme.

    RaigenB likes this.
         
        12-22-2012, 12:39 AM
      #97
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Oldhorselady    
    For Myler...just go to their website and get the phone# and call them...The Mylers' will personally answer the phone...pretty cool people. For other companies, I'm sure maybe you could do the same? It will be pretty pricey, but so worth it.
    Thank you!!
         
        12-22-2012, 12:44 AM
      #98
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Oldhorselady    
    Looky...Looky...Topeka, Indiana!!!!

    Topeka Livestock Auction
    I've checked that site out! May have to go to it sometime. I've heard you can get good horses at good deals (sometimes) at auctions. What do you think?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Oldhorselady    
    How about Equine Now?

    Draft Horses for Sale in Indiana
    I've been searching there too :)
         
        12-22-2012, 01:03 AM
      #99
    Started
    All you can do with the auctions is maybe take someone knowledgable with you and see. Go the few days they have before the auction and look at them handling/riding their animals too. Ask around if the people are reputable since some come year after year to sell their stock.

    Here are some horses that would probably want to retire as your trail horse! That would be a vacation to them. Actually, I think these working horses have it in their blood...this must be why Big Mamma like to trample through anything...she must have been a logger...hahaha.
         
        12-22-2012, 01:04 AM
      #100
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Oldhorselady    
    All you can do with the auctions is maybe take someone knowledgable with you and see. Go the few days they have before the auction and look at them handling/riding their animals too. Ask around if the people are reputable since some come year after year to sell their stock.

    Here are some horses that would probably want to retire as your trail horse! That would be a vacation to them. Actually, I think these working horses have it in their blood...this must be why Big Mamma like to trample through anything...she must have been a logger...hahaha.
    Oops...here is the link....


    Ok, I've had enough You Tube for today....
    Bluebird and RaigenB like this.
         

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    OUt of interest: What to look for in a draft horse as a riding horse. muumi Draft Horses 27 11-25-2012 12:38 PM
    raising a draft horse bnayc Horse Breeds 20 11-09-2012 05:57 AM
    Draft Horse In WP HipHopHorseman Western Pleasure 42 08-21-2012 11:37 PM
    Who uses a draft horse saddle on non-draft horse? melinda27858 Horse Tack and Equipment 12 04-26-2009 12:38 AM
    Draft Horse ritaaran Horse Talk 1 09-23-2008 06:48 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:08 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0