Percheron body difference
   

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Breeds > Draft Horses

Percheron body difference

This is a discussion on Percheron body difference within the Draft Horses forums, part of the Horse Breeds category
  • Percheron horse forum
  • Percheron foal

Like Tree4Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    04-29-2012, 11:44 PM
  #1
Started
Percheron body difference

Here is a picture of Belle a couple of months after her rescue last June. The second photo is of her today. I think her body looks more proportionate? Before it was like her front end and back end were two seperate pieces...now she looks more like a whole horse? Maybe it's just me......



     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    04-29-2012, 11:48 PM
  #2
Showing
I do see a slight improvement of her back, it's not nearly as concave as previously.

I hope those resources I sent along help her out :)
     
    04-29-2012, 11:52 PM
  #3
Yearling
I definitely see improvement in her back. :)
     
    04-29-2012, 11:54 PM
  #4
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyseternalangel    
I do see a slight improvement of her back, it's not nearly as concave as previously.

I hope those resources I sent along help her out :)
Thanks so much Skyseternalangel! I will definitely use that info. Her back muscles have strengthened cross-wise, now hopefully we can get her to pull those muscles up!
Skyseternalangel likes this.
     
    04-29-2012, 11:54 PM
  #5
Started
D: that back before was terrifying! Glad she is doing better!
     
    04-30-2012, 12:43 PM
  #6
Started
I also think she's looking better. You will never make her normal however and she doesn't seem to be suffering any ill-effects from her swayed back. Lordosis is definitely a genetic problem, as put forth by Gallagher, who did a great deal of study on the problem. It is seen mostly in Saddlebreds, but shows up in Arabians and other breeds also.

She's a lovely mare.

Lizzie
     
    04-30-2012, 10:53 PM
  #7
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeatheredFeet    
I also think she's looking better. You will never make her normal however and she doesn't seem to be suffering any ill-effects from her swayed back. Lordosis is definitely a genetic problem, as put forth by Gallagher, who did a great deal of study on the problem. It is seen mostly in Saddlebreds, but shows up in Arabians and other breeds also.

She's a lovely mare.

Lizzie
I know she will never completely be normal....but I would like her to improve as much as she can. I was told her back wasn't sway a few years ago by someone who saw her then...she did foal after that. She also had no exercise for three years and not very good nutrician......whatever the reason, I just want her as healthy as she can be.
     
    05-12-2012, 12:58 AM
  #8
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhorselady    
Thanks so much Skyseternalangel! I will definitely use that info. Her back muscles have strengthened cross-wise, now hopefully we can get her to pull those muscles up!
Skyseternalangel.....I have been doing the horsie yoga....she does great with all of them....but I can't get her to raise her mid section by applying pressure or tickling her under belly. Hmmm..... I did want to tell you something neat though that I just realized when I signed on to this post today....I found out that Belle's name originally was Sky by a local guy that used to drive her when the previous owner boarded at his barn. Wow!
     
    05-12-2012, 01:18 AM
  #9
Showing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhorselady    
Skyseternalangel.....I have been doing the horsie yoga....she does great with all of them....but I can't get her to raise her mid section by applying pressure or tickling her under belly. Hmmm..... I did want to tell you something neat though that I just realized when I signed on to this post today....I found out that Belle's name originally was Sky by a local guy that used to drive her when the previous owner boarded at his barn. Wow!
LOL that is crazy! And yay that's great :)

Yeah my horse won't do belly lifts either because something is locking him from being able to do them. He used to do them if I applied quite a bit of pressure on the bottom of his barrel.. like 3-4 pounds of pressure.

Did you get a chance to watch all of the videos? You can also email her and she replies back to you within the same day usually.
     
    05-12-2012, 01:35 AM
  #10
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyseternalangel    
LOL that is crazy! And yay that's great :)

Yeah my horse won't do belly lifts either because something is locking him from being able to do them. He used to do them if I applied quite a bit of pressure on the bottom of his barrel.. like 3-4 pounds of pressure.

Did you get a chance to watch all of the videos? You can also email her and she replies back to you within the same day usually.
Yeah, I watched the videos..very cool. Maybe I will email her too. Thanks!
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I want a percheron doubleopi Horse Talk 22 03-25-2012 12:15 PM
TWH Percheron X xdrybonesxvalleyx Horse Breeds 13 06-15-2010 09:26 PM
To Body Clip or Not to Body Clip Befor a Show? jmbullard82 Horse Training 8 09-29-2009 08:16 AM
considering a percheron sloane84 Draft Horses 3 08-16-2009 08:47 PM
Percheron or Percheron/Cross Cassilynne Horse Breeds 44 06-26-2008 11:35 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0