Sugarbush Draft Horses - Page 2
   

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Breeds > Draft Horses

Sugarbush Draft Horses

This is a discussion on Sugarbush Draft Horses within the Draft Horses forums, part of the Horse Breeds category
  • Fugly cross horse
  • Surgarbush draft horse history

Like Tree51Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    05-04-2012, 06:18 PM
  #11
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowsaway    
your personal breed?

He's a lovely stallion.
Meaning the breed I personally have chosen to work with, show, own and love as well as know their history. I know, clear as mud.

And again, they aren't a recognized draft breed, they are a cross. Cross meaning you take two breeds, you hopefully choose the best of each breed then cross them to get a foal. An Appaloosa and a Percheron are two different breeds..so when you CROSS them, you have a cross breed. I can see, some down the road, it eventually being a recognized breed but right now, no it isn't.

I don't think they are ugly, I don't think the stallion is either, he is very well put together and eye candy for sure.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    05-04-2012, 06:51 PM
  #12
Yearling
I don't believe any horse is fully one breed if, within 4 generations, there is another breed.
My question is, is this (stunning) stallion a perch x appy cross, or is he out of two sugar bush horses? Because if he's a perch/ appy cross, he's a cross, like greysorrel says. If his parents are both sugar bushes, as in, they're NOT just a perch x appy cross, and the only perch/ appy cross is way back in his pedigree, then he's definitely a sugar bush, and it's a breed.
But breeding nonsense aside... WOW. GORGEOUS. HORSE. If you want to keep sharing pictures... I won't stop you, lol. Whatever he is, it doesn't matter to me when he looks like that.
     
    05-09-2012, 02:48 PM
  #13
Weanling
Wow! The sheer ignorance in this thread is unreal. I know the owner of that stallion and will be spending this weekend with her. O isn't half appy have draft he is 100% full draft and out of two Sugarbush draft parents.

Real horse lovers wouldn't be talking crap calling people's horses FUGLY by the way. How rude of yall to not have any respect or tact. The human race is continually disappointing. If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    05-09-2012, 02:56 PM
  #14
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabbi Kat    
Wow! The sheer ignorance in this thread is unreal. I know the owner of that stallion and will be spending this weekend with her. O isn't half appy have draft he is 100% full draft and out of two Sugarbush draft parents.

Real horse lovers wouldn't be talking crap calling people's horses FUGLY by the way. How rude of yall to not have any respect or tact. The human race is continually disappointing. If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
Posted via Mobile Device
It's rather entertaining that you are going to go all Thumper on everyone else while, in the same breath, spouting off about "sheer ignorance" and implying those who have a differing opinion are lesser horse lovers than yourself. Exactly where, specifically, in this thread was there any crap talking or insulting the appearance of the horse -- to the contrary, every comment about his appearance has been a compliment.
     
    05-09-2012, 03:40 PM
  #15
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by themacpack    
It's rather entertaining that you are going to go all Thumper on everyone else while, in the same breath, spouting off about "sheer ignorance" and implying those who have a differing opinion are lesser horse lovers than yourself. Exactly where, specifically, in this thread was there any crap talking or insulting the appearance of the horse -- to the contrary, every comment about his appearance has been a compliment.

Well, there is a difference between a opinion and just plain being rude and disrespectful.
     
    05-09-2012, 03:45 PM
  #16
Weanling
I don't know if it is a breed yet but lets just face it most modern breeds are selective cross breeding through the years as man has seen fit. And what they have done with this draft is simply amazing its atheletic appearence and flashy color has made for one beautiful horse!
Chiere and ccndodger like this.
     
    05-09-2012, 03:47 PM
  #17
Teen Forum Moderator
No one was being dissrespectful in this thread but Tabbi Kat, from what I see. Yes, they're having a discussion, and its a very valid one. There is a lot of confusion about this breed and it will do everyone good to talk it out. No one has thus far called the animal in questions 'fugly' at all, or even non-stud material. He's a lovely animal.
     
    05-09-2012, 04:51 PM
  #18
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingerlakes    
Well, there is a difference between a opinion and just plain being rude and disrespectful.
Again, please provide a specific example of a statement in this thread that is rude and disrespectful
Nitefeatherz likes this.
     
    05-09-2012, 10:29 PM
  #19
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabbi Kat    
Wow! The sheer ignorance in this thread is unreal. I know the owner of that stallion and will be spending this weekend with her. O isn't half appy have draft he is 100% full draft and out of two Sugarbush draft parents.

Real horse lovers wouldn't be talking crap calling people's horses FUGLY by the way. How rude of yall to not have any respect or tact. The human race is continually disappointing. If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
Posted via Mobile Device
Thank you for clarifying- finally. This is what everyone needed to know, to circumvent all the confusion/ etc- he is officially a Sugar Bush, not a cross... although nobody seems to care, as everyone on here has agreed that this is a stunning horse, pure or cross.
As for not saying anything if there's nothing nice to say, isn't your post a bit hypocritical...?
     
    07-19-2012, 10:28 PM
  #20
Foal
Thanks to the OP for sharing. I didn't know about this breed.
Thyme likes this.
     

Tags
sugarbush draft

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Draft horses are cheap horses. ujjal05 Horse Training 15 11-02-2011 12:34 PM
Draft horses Brumby Draft Horses 26 11-29-2008 04:00 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0