What would you do?
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Breeds > Draft Horses

What would you do?

This is a discussion on What would you do? within the Draft Horses forums, part of the Horse Breeds category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        01-05-2009, 11:04 PM
      #1
    Foal
    What would you do?

    I just bought two new stud colts a bit over a week ago. I've posted a few pics on another thread, and well i'm also getting my 5 year old belgian back in about 2-3 months. So my hubby said I have to sell one of these two colts. So I have decided to sell the smaller of the two. One reason is these guys were not handled much so when they got here they have been really hard to handle, I can now go up to the bigger one (Bowen) but not the smaller one, so bowen has kinda picked me. Well I have a lady in another state wanting to buy the smaller one, and I sent her pics today, it had both colts. ANd now her husband wants bowen not the other, I told her I wanted to keep bowen and im going to have him gielded. She wants to keep hers a stallion for her new mares she buying. They say bown will be a better stallion. I just feel kinda bad about it. What would some of you guys do. She just bought two 3 year old mares. And she's only paying $800 for him so I think its a good deal, online you can't find a stud colt and then if you do they are usually over a thousand. SHould I feel so bad about this?
    New_100_5483.jpg
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        01-05-2009, 11:10 PM
      #2
    Green Broke
    That is a hard decision. But if you do sell bowen and keep the smaller one will you have him gelded?
         
        01-05-2009, 11:17 PM
      #3
    Foal
    Yea either way he'll be gielded. I just wont feel content taking him to trail rides and parades and stuff if he's a stallion, plus I remember ben my older one when he was 2, he was a handfull, so i'm not sure i'm ready to handle a stallion. At first I thought I was, but I think I was more so thinking of the money I could have been making and not the safety of those I love and myslef. Maybe one year i'll get me a stallion.
         
        01-06-2009, 05:09 PM
      #4
    Green Broke
    Well if you keep the littler one and have him gelded you wouldn't have to worry about building that fence so much
         
        01-06-2009, 05:20 PM
      #5
    Cat
    Green Broke
    I don't see what is hard about it. You like Bowen and he is not the one for sale. I would NOT give up the one I wanted for someone else, because who knows, he may not match in that home and just be sold again. Then how would you feel? Do what is right for you and don't feel bad about it. Otherwise you give up the one you want and just live with regret.

    BTW - I think both would be better off as geldings and would lead happier lives.
         
        01-06-2009, 05:56 PM
      #6
    Foal
    I thought about it alot last night and came to the same conclusion. I would always regret selling him so I decided to keep him. And I talked to her and she and her hubby are actually ok with orion. Thank you for your help.
         
        01-06-2009, 06:06 PM
      #7
    Green Broke
    Ok. I didn't want to tell you to do something you would regret. I'm glad you got everything worked out!
         

    Thread Tools



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:53 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0