Originally Posted by spirithorse8
1. "Old School" classical schooling required correct rider position and we have lost that.
2. Breeding has not improved dressage but rather has created leg movers
3. Dressage ignores the fact that the tack they use inflicts tetanic contractions upon their horses.
4. Veterinarian care still refuses to acknowledge any existance of rider/equipment/schooling method induced tetanic contractions
5. The majority of photographs of Ms. Loch show her riding dressage with a helmet !!!!!!!!
1. People have NOT lost that. Some have, but so so so so many have not.
2. Nope. It has created horses that are more fit for the sport,that can go higher because they are bred for it, just like how the racing industry has gotten better because or specific breeding.
3.I am absalutly amazed that you could say that kind of thing, we use saddles and bridles... with prossesionals that make sure the hrose is at maximum comfort. We know that a horse that isnt feeling great can't do its job happily and at its best.
4. Nope, it does not. You think your the only person that has realized the problems in rolkur and some other abuses... your not, thousands of other people know about it too and have been studying it.
There are some abuses in EVERY sport, we can't stop that. And yes, the dressage world is facing some problems. But you groupd us all together as abusing, cruel riders who only care to win, and THAT drives me nuts.