Anky on Hyperflexion/LDR - Page 3
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > English Riding > Dressage

Anky on Hyperflexion/LDR

This is a discussion on Anky on Hyperflexion/LDR within the Dressage forums, part of the English Riding category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        02-13-2010, 12:44 AM
      #21
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Solon    
    And probably just as many that could get where she was without her training style. But until she retires from the riding world, people will look at her and continue to think that is an okay way to do things.
    Agreed. Just because she is ranked top does not mean she knows anything. She uses cruel methods to create push button horses, that is why she is the top in the world, people like her results regardless how she gets them.

    Also just because someone is not the worlds top dressage rider it does not mean they are inferior to Anky in any way. They could be a better trainer, rider, and more knowledgadle w/o making it to the top.Some people and some of the best horsemen in the world do not like to subject their horses to competition or like it themselves. Maybe they cannot afford to compete at top levels, maybe they do not have the money for a million dollar horse... Don't discredit people just because they are not at the top.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        02-13-2010, 12:46 AM
      #22
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ~*~anebel~*~    
    And because some Olympic athletes use steroids, DNA, etc.. to increase performance, this means that the general public thinks this is a good way to get places in competitive sport?
    Where did I say that?

    There are foolish people that idolize those doped up athletes and it's really unfortunate. That goes for the riders that dope there horses. Win the right way. Not by cheating or using 'controversial' methods.
         
        02-13-2010, 12:50 AM
      #23
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Honeysuga    
    Agreed. Just because she is ranked top does not mean she knows anything. She uses cruel methods to create push button horses, that is why she is the top in the world, people like her results regardless how she gets them.

    Also just because someone is not the worlds top dressage rider it does not mean they are inferior to Anky in any way. They could be a better trainer, rider, and more knowledgadle w/o making it to the top.Some people and some of the best horsemen in the world do not like to subject their horses to competition or like it themselves. Maybe they cannot afford to compete at top levels, maybe they do not have the money for a million dollar horse... Don't discredit people just because they are not at the top.
    *snorts*
    I would love to see some AA rider get up onto Nelson and try to ride him. These horses are the furthest thing from push button.

    I am not saying that there are not other people in the world that are "better" than Anky. All I am saying is that Anky knows more about dressage than you, or I, or probably anyone else on this forum.

    Actually, while we are discussing how best to train an Olympic Grand Prix dressage horse, let's engage in a lively conversation about String theory, or SAGD oilsands extraction. Or maybe we should discuss the current trillion dollar deficit in the US, and how to fix that.
    Do you see my point?
         
        02-13-2010, 12:51 AM
      #24
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Solon    
    Where did I say that?

    There are foolish people that idolize those doped up athletes and it's really unfortunate. That goes for the riders that dope there horses. Win the right way. Not by cheating or using 'controversial' methods.
    Yes, it is unfortunate.
         
        02-13-2010, 12:53 AM
      #25
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ~*~anebel~*~    
    I am not saying that there are not other people in the world that are "better" than Anky. All I am saying is that Anky knows more about dressage than you, or I, or probably anyone else on this forum.

    Actually, while we are discussing how best to train an Olympic Grand Prix dressage horse, let's engage in a lively conversation about String theory, or SAGD oilsands extraction. Or maybe we should discuss the current trillion dollar deficit in the US, and how to fix that.
    Do you see my point?
    No I don't see your point. And how do you know Anky knows more than me?
         
        02-13-2010, 12:57 AM
      #26
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Solon    
    No I don't see your point. And how do you know Anky knows more than me?
    Show me the dozens of horses you have trained to GP and I will believe that you know more than Anky about dressage.

    Show me your history of involvement in federal politics and finances and I will believe your opinion of how to fix Americas deficit.
    Show me you published work on String theory and I will believe your opinion on physics.
    Etc...
         
        02-13-2010, 12:57 AM
      #27
    Showing
    I will reply more when I have the time to gather my thoughts, but I just posted these videos as I had seen them posted on another forum, and thought they would be interesting to share. I don't really want to resurrect any past debates on this forum, nor have I stated my opinion at all.
         
        02-13-2010, 12:58 AM
      #28
    Green Broke
    I hope no one is faulting you for posting them. MHO is there are always new people to add to the conversation on these topics!
         
        02-13-2010, 01:02 AM
      #29
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JustDressageIt    
    I will reply more when I have the time to gather my thoughts, but I just posted these videos as I had seen them posted on another forum, and thought they would be interesting to share. I don't really want to resurrect any past debates on this forum, nor have I stated my opinion at all.
    I think this forum needs a new clause of "No LDR/Hyperflexion/Rolkur threads". As much as when the controversy was at first interesting I think we have all heard enough griping over it.

    You know what they say! In polite conversation avoid politics, religion, finances and Rolkur :P
         
        02-13-2010, 01:05 AM
      #30
    Green Broke
    That would be no Rolkur/peanutrolling/shoe stacking/hyperflexion/ threads.

    Anky isn't liked by a lot of people. It's just a fact of life. Same with Parelli.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Anky and Rollkur Scoutrider Dressage 76 07-10-2009 12:41 AM
    anky rolkur Magic Horse Pictures 27 06-02-2009 11:07 PM
    New Anky Dressage Saddle + MORE SavannahIce Horses for Sale 1 01-15-2009 03:31 PM
    Anky falls off again My2Geldings Horse Videos 5 11-20-2008 05:28 PM
    Rollkur / Hyperflexion jeddah31 Horse Training 15 11-08-2008 04:22 AM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:54 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0