Dressage in Colorado
   

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > English Riding > Dressage

Dressage in Colorado

This is a discussion on Dressage in Colorado within the Dressage forums, part of the English Riding category
  • Dressage trainers colorado
  • Good dressage trainer in colorado springs

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    03-08-2011, 12:49 AM
  #1
Trained
Dressage in Colorado

All knowing HF! I need your help.

I have very recently been offered an internship west of Denver Colorado and of course in exploring my options I have to find a place for my horse!!
Although the internet is a good resource, it is hard to tell where is a good place. So herein lies my issue!
I know Janet Foy is in the area, does she have a barn somewhere in CO? Or does she just clinic?
Are there any barns west of Denver which focus on high performance dressage?
Anything else I should know about dressage in CO?

Thanks!!
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    03-08-2011, 01:01 AM
  #2
Trained
NOOOOOO!!! We discussed this on FB - you are to move to MI!!!!
     
    03-08-2011, 01:23 AM
  #3
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIEventer    
NOOOOOO!!! We discussed this on FB - you are to move to MI!!!!
I knooooow but I just got this really swank offer at a mine in CO where I could basically run wild and free researching and most likely also blowing things up

I haven't found anything in MI :(
     
    03-08-2011, 06:26 AM
  #4
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~anebel~*~    
I knooooow but I just got this really swank offer at a mine in CO where I could basically run wild and free researching and most likely also blowing things up

I haven't found anything in MI :(

Anebel wild and free..."snort"


     
    03-08-2011, 06:47 AM
  #5
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder    
Anebel wild and free..."snort"


I know so very little about dressage but I don't think I've ever seen that move in any of the tests I've seen.
     
    03-08-2011, 07:29 AM
  #6
Yearling
I am not sure about the mountains having many good barns, but I do know on the flat, there are one or two in Fort Collins. What it seems like around here is everyone has horses, but no one shows and if they do, it is in barrels..... LOL.
     
    03-08-2011, 04:11 PM
  #7
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder    
Anebel wild and free..."snort"


Lol!!

Seriously though.. she should be in a hard hat and steel toes.


Aaand so much for all knowing HF.. No one knows if Janet Foy has a barn??
I've been looking at barns west of Denver, they seem to be OK. I would want my horse on indoor board with full day turnout to more than a paddock though, it seems like most places don't do that, they only have half day paddock turnout. And all I need other than that is an arena that is 70' by 200' or bigger with good footing. And Janet Foy.
Not too much to ask for, right?
     
    03-16-2011, 10:41 PM
  #8
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~anebel~*~    
All knowing HF! I need your help.

I have very recently been offered an internship west of Denver Colorado and of course in exploring my options I have to find a place for my horse!!
Although the internet is a good resource, it is hard to tell where is a good place. So herein lies my issue!
I know Janet Foy is in the area, does she have a barn somewhere in CO? Or does she just clinic?
Are there any barns west of Denver which focus on high performance dressage?
Anything else I should know about dressage in CO?

Thanks!!
Hello, I wondered if You'd found the info. You were looking for regarding Janet Foy and Dressage in Colorado.~ Yes, Janet has a barn in Colorado Springs .. that's about 2-3 hr.s from Denver, so depending how far west of Denver You are .. add that to the drive time to Colo. Spgs.~ There are some VERY Fine "Dressage Specific" barns here in Colorado....I recommend You start here - The Rocky Mountain Dressage Society Rocky Mountain Dressage Society : Home Page If You go to the "RMDS Executive Board" You'll fins the names and phone numbers of the officers, any of which would be more then happy to advise and direct You.Best of Luck with Your Internship!~ Lyrical
     
    03-16-2011, 11:03 PM
  #9
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrical Lass    
...Yes, Janet has a barn in Colorado Springs .. that's about 2-3 hr.s from Denver, so depending how far west of Denver You are .. add that to the drive time to Colo. Spgs
Sorry ... unfamiliar with this forum, so my "post" seems ..erm ..odd ..LOLI meant to say that Colorado Springs is South of Denver, by 2-3 hours .. So if You're West of Denver .. You'll want to figure that into Your drive time.I will reiterate ... there are MANY Serious Dressage Folks in Colorado.And Some VERY Fine Dressage oriented Barns ...again, Best of Luck! ~ Lyrical
     
    03-17-2011, 03:52 PM
  #10
Trained
Thank you!
I have been to RMDS's website as well as various other websites and have been unsatisfied with the listing of barns.

Do you have the name of Janet Foy's barn?
Do you know of barns in the area with coaches who consitently ride and train GP with scores above 65% (incl. Students)? Have been to WEG? Pan Ams? Olympics? Trials for any of these events?

Thanks for all you help! Upon hearing back from this internship I would most likely be contacting Janet Foy directly to set up an appointment, or to get her help on which barns to tour. But for right now I would like to see what is out there and adjust my expectations accordingly. The job is in Empire, but I would be willing to travel for close to 2 hours one way for an exceptional trainer.

Again - thank you!
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello from Colorado! BenJammin Meet the Community 9 06-29-2010 02:36 AM
Hello from Colorado! M2twisted Meet the Community 1 09-09-2009 03:44 PM
Saying Hello From Colorado Colorado Dobes Meet the Community 8 11-17-2008 02:38 AM
Hello from Colorado EnglishGuy Meet the Community 3 07-27-2008 10:28 PM
Hello From Colorado StormHorse Meet the Community 4 02-13-2008 11:14 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0