Dressage tests changes
   

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > English Riding > Dressage

Dressage tests changes

This is a discussion on Dressage tests changes within the Dressage forums, part of the English Riding category
  • Dressage levels
  • What year do dressage test change

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    12-19-2011, 08:37 AM
  #1
Super Moderator
Dressage tests changes

May be a tough question, but...

I believe it happens every 2 years or so. Is that true? And if so how much tests are changed? And when the new ones get printed out (next year)?

P.S. I'm thinking about buying the diagram book, but I don't want to buy now and find out everything is changing next year. :)
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    12-19-2011, 08:45 PM
  #2
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten_Val    
May be a tough question, but...

I believe it happens every 2 years or so. Is that true? And if so how much tests are changed? And when the new ones get printed out (next year)?

P.S. I'm thinking about buying the diagram book, but I don't want to buy now and find out everything is changing next year. :)

I lost track of when the last change was but I think it was last year. Maybe your coach will know.
     
    12-19-2011, 09:00 PM
  #3
Green Broke
I know they changed the tests for 2011 here in the US and the new tests went into effect December 2010. I don't know how often they change them though.
     
    12-19-2011, 09:34 PM
  #4
Super Moderator
Thank you, ladies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder    
I lost track of when the last change was but I think it was last year. Maybe your coach will know.
How much do they change it (if you know of course)? I don't think I'll see my trainer for next couple weeks or so (because of the holidays).

Cinny, I believe it's every 2 years, but I'm very unsure. My trainer seems to be using a quite old one, but I never asked.
     
    12-19-2011, 09:41 PM
  #5
Green Broke
Not sure on how much but I do know that at some levels they changed the amount of test per level last time, as well as adding canter to Intro. It used to be that you didn't canter at all in Intro classes.
     
    12-19-2011, 09:51 PM
  #6
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnys Whinny    
Not sure on how much but I do know that at some levels they changed the amount of test per level last time, as well as adding canter to Intro. It used to be that you didn't canter at all in Intro classes.
With Intro I believe they didn't have C at all and just introduced it this or last year (from what I read on web). It's interesting that you have to buy Intro separately from the rest (Training through 4th I believe). I did print out Intro, of course, but just saying. :)

I'm more curious about the changes in patterns: how often those happen. I tried to find something but so far not much of luck.
     
    12-19-2011, 10:00 PM
  #7
Foal
They change every 4 years
     
    12-19-2011, 10:06 PM
  #8
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyKatSki1    
They change every 4 years
Good to know! Thanks, Ally!
     
    12-19-2011, 10:35 PM
  #9
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten_Val    
Thank you, ladies!
How much do they change it (if you know of course)? I don't think I'll see my trainer for next couple weeks or so (because of the holidays).
The basic patterns won't change but they can and have put some things in more difficult places. Like a circle at either end is relatively easy but a B or at E is much harder. There should not be any changes for 2012 because we would have known by now.

I know that in the past they have kept them the same for up to 4 years but never longer. The rumor mill will be churning by Sept of next year if they are planning on new ones for 2013.
     
    12-19-2011, 10:41 PM
  #10
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder    
The basic patterns won't change but they can and have put some things in more difficult places. Like a circle at either end is relatively easy but a B or at E is much harder. There should not be any changes for 2012 because we would have known by now.

I know that in the past they have kept them the same for up to 4 years but never longer. The rumor mill will be churning by Sept of next year if they are planning on new ones for 2013.
Cool! Thanks for the info!

I guess I'm safe to order the diagram book then for X-mas! :)
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I need dressage tests HorseyyGal Tack and Equipment Classifieds 0 08-07-2011 05:25 PM
Dressage tests.. ShowJumpLife English Riding 27 02-07-2009 02:33 AM
Dressage tests Rainey_Days3 English Riding 2 06-04-2008 04:13 AM
Dressage Tests AKPaintLover English Riding 4 04-24-2008 11:54 AM
dressage tests jazzyrider Horse Talk 2 11-14-2007 01:06 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0