Isabell Werth shows off Golden Helmet - Page 2
   

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > English Riding > Dressage

Isabell Werth shows off Golden Helmet

This is a discussion on Isabell Werth shows off Golden Helmet within the Dressage forums, part of the English Riding category
  • Cap isabel werth
  • Golden helmets hats policeman

Like Tree23Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    12-21-2011, 09:01 PM
  #11
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffyDuck    
...Thoughts?
With a helmet like that, can lights be far behind?

     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    12-21-2011, 09:37 PM
  #12
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsms    
With a helmet like that, can lights be far behind?

bahahahahhaha. But yes, I always wear my helmet when I do "dressage". I use the term loosely because sometimes, well it just isn't even 20 meter circles that day.
     
    12-21-2011, 09:59 PM
  #13
Trained
A helmet only makes you safe if:
1 - you or the horse fall
2 - you hit your head
3 - you are one of the lucky 50% of people who's injuries are REDUCED by the helmet.

If the FEI or any NF wants to make Dressage safer, they should be mandating footing, conditions and surroundings where Dressage competitions take place to reduce the risk of falls. A helmet is as much of a fashion item as a top hat, unless there is a high chance of falling.

If you do the math from the stats in that article, assume 10% of the German population are involved in "non-jumping" horse sport and 30% of reported head injuries are from those activities with a 50% chance of a helmet reducing those injuries... you have the same chance of DYING in a motor vehicle accident as you do sustaining injury on your nogin from falling off a horse...

Do I think helmets should he mandated in competition? Nope. Do I think more people should wear them? Yup. Most injuries however will happen at home where the FEI or any NF can't tell you what to do.
I don't think mandating helmets in competition is doing anything to make sport safer, nor do I think it will decrease the head injury stats...

Plus helmets and tails together makes even Isabelle look like a 13 year old derby classic hunter kid, blech.

I have a cream coloured Kep so no hating on non black helmets!! :P
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    12-21-2011, 10:28 PM
  #14
Started
Okay, I think I like the helmet. In a lady gaga kind of way, not in a professional dressage kind of way lol.

But I like the statement she is making.

I NEVER get on without a helmet! Too many close calls with hooves to head. BUT, I do feel hypocritical, because I don't wear body armour either, when technically, I could get injured just as easily anywhere else...

Ah, well. To be honest I don't think the look of black, INCONSPICUOUS helmets in the dressage ring don't look too terrible. To be honest I hardly even notice. I never have been one for tradition, though.

I wonder when dressage riders will start dressing in XC colors?!
     
    12-21-2011, 10:44 PM
  #15
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~anebel~*~    
A helmet only makes you safe if:
1 - you or the horse fall
2 - you hit your head
3 - you are one of the lucky 50% of people who's injuries are REDUCED by the helmet.

If the FEI or any NF wants to make Dressage safer, they should be mandating footing, conditions and surroundings where Dressage competitions take place to reduce the risk of falls. A helmet is as much of a fashion item as a top hat, unless there is a high chance of falling.

If you do the math from the stats in that article, assume 10% of the German population are involved in "non-jumping" horse sport and 30% of reported head injuries are from those activities with a 50% chance of a helmet reducing those injuries... you have the same chance of DYING in a motor vehicle accident as you do sustaining injury on your nogin from falling off a horse...

Do I think helmets should he mandated in competition? Nope. Do I think more people should wear them? Yup. Most injuries however will happen at home where the FEI or any NF can't tell you what to do.
I don't think mandating helmets in competition is doing anything to make sport safer, nor do I think it will decrease the head injury stats...

Plus helmets and tails together makes even Isabelle look like a 13 year old derby classic hunter kid, blech.

I have a cream coloured Kep so no hating on non black helmets!! :P
Posted via Mobile Device
I absolutely agree with the bolded statement. The number of falls that occur at FEI competition is very minimal. Most falls occur at home. Which is then very hard to police.
I am glad however that helmets have been made mandatory in the young horse competitions, as some of those youngsters are so hyped up on top of being hot, it turns into a dangerous situation and falls are going to be more likely to occur than at an FEI event.
     
    12-21-2011, 10:44 PM
  #16
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliz    

I wonder when dressage riders will start dressing in XC colors?!
Please... Please... NO! Lol. There's got to be one discipline that sticks to tradition. Hunters threw it out the window with all their pastels and jackets of a 1000 colors, stripey things.... yea.. no. I need some place to feel at home in a black coat.


As for the helmet in competition... honestly I think she's making a great statement. If anything it will make those who would prefer to use a helmet more accepted. That way you, as a competitor, have a choice without discrimination.

Did she really have to wear some bedazzled Lady Gaga failure?
     
    12-21-2011, 11:13 PM
  #17
Trained
""I should like balls infinitely better," she replied, "if they were carried on in a different manner; but there is something insufferably tedious in the usual process of such a meeting. It would surely be much more rational if conversation instead of dancing were made the order of the day."

"Much more rational, my dear Caroline, I dare say, but it would not be near so much like a ball."

Pride & Prejudice, Jane Austen

eBooks, Databases, and other searchable on-line content from askSam
     
    12-21-2011, 11:14 PM
  #18
Trained
Actually, technically, if you read the FEI rules that helmet should not have even been allowed in the ring, the helmet should match the jacket... oh international Dressage how the FEIs own rules don't apply to your elite....
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    12-21-2011, 11:18 PM
  #19
Trained
Given the tastefulness of the helmet, will we soon see advertising?

     
    12-21-2011, 11:20 PM
  #20
Trained
Lol there is already advertising allowed for your sponsors... however the size rules are strict! Maybe just advertising on the helmets!!

I think body guards will be coming sooner than a Marlboro ad though hahaha
Posted via Mobile Device
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Excited - I finally got an Isabell Werth. ohmyitschelle Horse Tack and Equipment 16 04-08-2011 12:34 AM
The New Bates Isabell HKM FARM Horse Tack and Equipment 1 01-01-2011 06:41 PM
movies, tv shows, episodes from tv shows lilkitty90 Movies, Music, and TV 8 06-26-2010 06:03 AM
Isabell Werth Dressage Saddle for sale jewlz Horse Tack and Equipment 2 02-08-2010 12:00 AM
isabell dressage saddles mell Horse Tack and Equipment 1 07-30-2008 08:08 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0