Lightness and power. - Page 2 - The Horse Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 51 Old 11-24-2010, 12:51 AM
Trained
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 8,175
• Horses: 3
I'm very interested to hear what you have to say spirithorse. It seems you are always the first one to jump in and 'poo poo' 'modern' dressage (for lack of time, I am referring to dressage that is not techically classical as in baroque, airs above ground etc.), yet never care to elaborate on what you do that is apparently better than what has been practiced with great results for centuries? If you are going to preach that the German training scale is wrong, you have to back it up with evidence.
Please continue, I am more than willing to hear out your own 'method'
Kayty is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 51 Old 11-24-2010, 05:36 AM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: secret mountain valley
Posts: 1,363
• Horses: 2
I agree with the others. I'd like to hear what Spirit has to say. I am the first to question things that are handed to me as "gospel" because I like to make up my own mind, but please don't just say "WRONG" and leave it at that, it sounds like you have a lot of thought on the matter so please share it with the rest of us. After all, if it is worth your time to post and say it is all backwards, it must also be worth your time to tell us your thoughts!
tealamutt is offline  
post #13 of 51 Old 11-24-2010, 11:51 AM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Utah
Posts: 315
• Horses: 1
Talking The Book!

Polite responses...superb! Dialogue is knowledge not being stagnant.
I am most willing to participate, simply because the foundation knowledge I use is not from just the masters, but also from the horses.

The training pyramid intwined with the legerete is the basis for the dialogue.

Like the idea of the book....question is are you folks willing to allow your quotes to be used in it? Reason, there are great questions asked in the correct manner. In other words, the book would be built upon your participation and not predicated solely upon my experiences and/or opinions.

I would need the Administrator's permission of course and would need each poster's permission. I would need the following form to be copied and pasted in an email body filled out and sent to me by each participant.

Grant of Permission
I, [print name] ___________________________________________, The Horse Forum user name of [print user name] __________________________________________, do hereby grant authorization to E. Allan Buck to use quotes from posts I have placed on the Horse Forum if said quotes are used in the contents of E. Allan Buck’s book entitled “The Disection of Modern Dressage Schooling”.
Dated this ______ day of ______________, 20__

E. Allan Buck
"Ask and allow, do not demand and force"
www.hartetoharte.org
spirithorse8 is offline  
post #14 of 51 Old 11-24-2010, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,526
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by spirithorse8 View Post
Polite responses...superb! Dialogue is knowledge not being stagnant.
I am most willing to participate, simply because the foundation knowledge I use is not from just the masters, but also from the horses.

The training pyramid entwined with the legerete is the basis for the dialogue.

Like the idea of the book....question is are you folks willing to allow your quotes to be used in it? Reason, there are great questions asked in the correct manner. In other words, the book would be built upon your participation and not predicated solely upon my experiences and/or opinions.

I would need the Administrator's permission of course and would need each poster's permission. I would need the following form to be copied and pasted in an email body filled out and sent to me by each participant.

Grant of
Permission, [print name]
I ___________________________________________, The Horse Forum user name of [print user name] __________________________________________, do hereby grant authorization to E. Allan Buck to use quotes from posts I have placed on the Horse Forum if said quotes are used in the contents of E. Allan Buck’s book entitled “The Dissection of Modern Dressage Schooling”.
Dated this ______ day of ______________, 20__

Interesting concept however, to sign off and allow the use of ones intellectual property without seeing the manner in which it is being or going to be used is fraught with the possibilities of taken out of context or misuse.

I submit that one should be able to write an article or book without the use of another person's ideas and concepts (or quotes).

A ghost writer ( for spelling errors) would help also.
Spyder is offline  
post #15 of 51 Old 11-24-2010, 08:13 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Eventing Country
Posts: 8,220
• Horses: 0
That still doesn't answer my question - what is it that you have done, in the world of Dressage, to consider yourself as an "Authority" on the discussion at hand?


Quote:
If you are going to preach that the German training scale is wrong, you have to back it up with evidence.
Please - show us what you can do. We would love to see Video's of you riding.


Last edited by MIEventer; 11-24-2010 at 08:16 PM.
MIEventer is offline  
post #16 of 51 Old 11-24-2010, 08:27 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Utah
Posts: 315
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIEventer View Post
That still doesn't answer my question - what is it that you have done, in the world of Dressage, to consider yourself as an "Authority" on the discussion at hand?
Please - show us what you can do. We would love to see Video's of you riding.
Oh my...in order for someone to know something you do not, they must have done something special in the world of dressage!
I am an authority on the rules and the rules stipulate how the horse shall appear and that appearance is manifested through correct schooling.
If you do not like the rules than make the effort to change them in order to support the incorrect presentations of tests in today's modern dressage.
I do not have to show you anything...it is not about me, but rather it is about how the horses are being ridden incorrectly and it is about having argumentative riders ride what I say then they just might find the ability to comprehend what the rules are about and why the rules are so specific. Ah, but alas, committing to a ride that would change the fundamental belief system is so hard for so many folks.

E. Allan Buck
"Ask and allow, do not demand and force"
www.hartetoharte.org
spirithorse8 is offline  
post #17 of 51 Old 11-24-2010, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,526
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by spirithorse8 View Post
I am an authority on the rules and the rules stipulate how the horse shall appear and that appearance is manifested through correct schooling.
Hmmm

Stewards are authority on rules also but rarely will I accept riding knowledge from them without knowing they actually rode and was able to spout more than rules from a book.
Spyder is offline  
post #18 of 51 Old 11-24-2010, 10:24 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Utah
Posts: 315
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
Hmmm

Stewards are authority on rules also but rarely will I accept riding knowledge from them without knowing they actually rode and was able to spout more than rules from a book.
authority: "an influence exerted on opinion because of recognized knowledge or expertise"

Thousands of riders have experienced knowledge above and beyond judges and stewards.

E. Allan Buck
"Ask and allow, do not demand and force"
www.hartetoharte.org
spirithorse8 is offline  
post #19 of 51 Old 11-24-2010, 11:25 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 814
• Horses: 5
I'm just curious, but if the training pyramid is wrong... then how SHOULD it be?

What knowledge or experience backing to say this is so?

I actually like the way the circle is laid out... we want to ride our horse in a continuous "circle" of motion... I think the concept of the "training circle" to be a little better for visualizing it.

As far as German or French... I think it likely depends on the horse in question as far as which is "better"
TheLastUnicorn is offline  
post #20 of 51 Old 11-24-2010, 11:34 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,526
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by spirithorse8 View Post
authority: "an influence exerted on opinion because of recognized knowledge or expertise"

Thousands of riders have experienced knowledge above and beyond judges and stewards.

All I see from you in virtually every post is quotes from various OTHER sources on meanings and correctness ( in your opinion) of what has been written.

Most of us have the intelligence to know or ability to look up these sources ourselves so unless you can come up with something original from you or a DETAILED explanation of your position I cannot in good faith take anything you say at face value. I did look at your websites in your signature and there too I found nothing original but a lot of quotes from other sources with opinions that have no back up or understanding.

Just a note...anyone that has a good memory and the rule book can call themselves "an authority" on those rules however these people will never understand the spirit behind them or understand their proper applications.

It is too bad that you cannot contribute something positive to this topic.
Spyder is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Behold: The power of baby oil!!! Kiki Horse Grooming 25 02-23-2009 11:58 PM
power float damaradony Tack and Equipment Classifieds 0 01-26-2009 01:46 PM
The Power of Women RegalCharm Jokes and Funnies 9 11-04-2008 11:20 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome