Lynn Palm Prepares Rugged Painted Lark for WEG - Page 2
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > English Riding > Dressage

Lynn Palm Prepares Rugged Painted Lark for WEG

This is a discussion on Lynn Palm Prepares Rugged Painted Lark for WEG within the Dressage forums, part of the English Riding category
  • Dressage quote from "lynn palm"

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    03-01-2010, 10:09 AM
  #11
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Savoie    
I agree. But don't you think most people just want to have fun with their horses and aren't trying to make an Olympic team?

Better communication through dressage=better partnership= more fun

Sounds like a win/win for everyone.
It is nice to see the odd "not expected to be there" horse working well in dressage.

Seldem Seen did it. My Quarab did it (at GP level) and this horse may do it also. It would be however, wrong to think that now every horse from the "off breeds" to be able to excell.

Personally the ones that do excell in what they are not bred for are usually atypical for their breed.

Each horse must be evaluated as a seperate individual.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    03-01-2010, 10:13 AM
  #12
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmpony84    
Western and dressage are already so closely related it's not even funny. As for "QH's not excelling" in dressage, who cares? They aren't built for it. Does that mean it's not impressive when one can get out there and pull it off?
Exactly, who cares? So, no need for the "Who says QH's can't do dressage?" bit. Nobody has ever said that. So what's the point? Who cares?

And no, I don't find it impressive in the least bit for a horse to perform a movement as correctly as they are physically capable of doing it.

Quote:
I don't believe any one breed of horse is "bigger badder better" then any other breed. They are all bred and built to serve a purpose. When one that was bred for and can excel at one discipline can cross over into another, that's something to be proud of, no matter the breed.
It's not a 'cross over'. Only if/when a horse can EXCEL in two different disciplines is it a 'cross over' AND impressive.

I can cut a cow with my Stbd if I want. Who cares? None of that is point.
     
    03-01-2010, 10:20 AM
  #13
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Savoie    
I agree. But don't you think most people just want to have fun with their horses and aren't trying to make an Olympic team?

Better communication through dressage=better partnership= more fun

Sounds like a win/win for everyone.
If that had been your original reason in posting, then you'd have left out the part: Who said QH's can't do dressage? And you'd have posted a video of an average Joe, doing dressage on their average Joe horse.

Instead you posted a video of an internationally known trainer, going to arguably the biggest Equine show on the planet, to show what her exceptional horse can do.

How exactly does that relate to: most people just want to have fun with their horses and aren't trying to make the Olympic team?
     
    03-01-2010, 11:34 AM
  #14
mls
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercedes    
If that had been your original reason in posting, then you'd have left out the part: Who said QH's can't do dressage? And you'd have posted a video of an average Joe, doing dressage on their average Joe horse.

Instead you posted a video of an internationally known trainer, going to arguably the biggest Equine show on the planet, to show what her exceptional horse can do.

How exactly does that relate to: most people just want to have fun with their horses and aren't trying to make the Olympic team?
Mercedes - Why the argumentative response?

Thanks for the link Jane - we are looking forward to having Lynn at the MN Horse Expo in April!
     
    03-01-2010, 11:51 AM
  #15
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder    

Each horse must be evaluated as a seperate individual.
I totally agree.


Mercedes, your posts in this thread (and others) are why so many people think dressage people look down their noses at the rest of the world. You do not have to proclaim everyone else just plain stupid to make yourself smarter.
Thankfully the people in my world that do dressage are the types that want to help others love dressage and not make them think that no one else is special enough to do it.
     
    03-01-2010, 11:54 AM
  #16
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by mls    
Mercedes - Why the argumentative response?
Gosh, I don't know. Maybe I have an issue with words not matching actions.
     
    03-01-2010, 11:54 AM
  #17
Yearling
Jane, Please keep posting. I loved seeing that video and am thrilled to see anything you are involved in. I learned so much from your ideas on overcoming fear.
     
    03-01-2010, 12:00 PM
  #18
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysbehind    
Mercedes, your posts in this thread (and others) are why so many people think dressage people look down their noses at the rest of the world.
Who said I was a 'dressage people'? Thanks for throwing that label and box out there.

Quote:
You do not have to proclaim everyone else just plain stupid to make yourself smarter.
I haven't proclaimed anyone stupid or even just plain stupid, but if the shoe fits, slap that puppy on and wear it proudly. Be good at something and embrace it.

Quote:
Thankfully the people in my world that do dressage are the types that want to help others love dressage and not make them think that no one else is special enough to do it.
Have no clue how that pertains to anything said in this thread. But if you're happy, I'm happy that you're happy.
     
    03-01-2010, 12:07 PM
  #19
Yearling
You know, I think the "who said QH can't do dressage" was said in the spirit of fun. Let's not take ourselves too seriously. I appreciate the sharing of the video and do not think we need to dissect every nuance that people say. Unpleasant responses are what discourage some from putting anything on Horse Forum and I, for one want Jane Savoie to keep writing on here!!!! You can learn so much from her and that is my main goal with Horse Forum.
     
    03-01-2010, 12:13 PM
  #20
Showing
I'm going to close this thread because it has gotten so far off base that the original post was long ago forgotten and all it is now is a lot of nothing worthwhile.
     

Tags
jane savoie, lynn palm, paiint horse, quarter horse, world equestrian games

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hey Im New here so heres me and my horse Sky Lark Kayden and SkyLark Horse Pictures 11 10-02-2009 02:10 PM
Miss Amber Lynn! Random Shots! BurningAmber520 Horse Pictures 2 07-10-2009 05:47 PM
Crosby CC, 17in Prix des World, Lynn Palm ed. luvs2ride79 Tack and Equipment Classifieds 0 01-22-2008 04:08 PM
Princess Roxy Lynn RoxysMissBehavin Horse Pictures 3 12-05-2006 08:47 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0