To possibly do dressage? - Page 3
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > English Riding > Dressage

To possibly do dressage?

This is a discussion on To possibly do dressage? within the Dressage forums, part of the English Riding category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        05-20-2009, 01:30 PM
      #21
    Weanling
    Equu -

    That's a four-beater. It was really common about 6-10 years ago in western pleasure shows. About the most unnatural gait you can get.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        05-20-2009, 02:48 PM
      #22
    Weanling
    Aah it won't load at school so I'll watch at home tonight. Did you get a video of the pirouette?
         
        05-20-2009, 05:01 PM
      #23
    Trained
    Blegh. Four-Beating.

    They still do it in shows around here. Ocassionally my horses 3 beat forward canter will place..but it's usually the 4 beaters.
         
        05-20-2009, 05:29 PM
      #24
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Equuestriaan    
    Aah it won't load at school so I'll watch at home tonight. Did you get a video of the pirouette?

    Oh, it's not a video of us. It's one that I found on YouTube.

    We didn't get out to the barn today, we bought a 1958 Chevy today instead.

    Tomorrow is going to the barn, and if he's moving okay, we'll video tape! Poor guy was bobbing his head, so he's lame in a sense at the moment.
         
        05-22-2009, 07:49 PM
      #25
    Yearling
    I disagree with what Joshie said about it being very hard to start dressage. Anyone can do it at any time, it's just a matter of practice.
         
        06-07-2009, 03:26 PM
      #26
    Weanling
    Hey! It's me again. My husband rode today and then I hopped on. DH rode pretty hard, and Java got sweated up. Guess what? His $2,000 frickin' western saddle isn't fitting quite right. He's got two dry marks. Unless DH put it a bit too far forward, which very well could be the case. It's fit him spectacularly for the past six or so years, and other than him being a bit less muscled, he hasn't changed.

    Anyways, back to the topic. Because I actually want to do dressage (NOT COMPETITIVELY) and my english saddle is too small for me (my fat butt gained 30 pounds after I had foot surgery. Ugh.) and doesn't really fit Java too well, I'm looking at buying a saddle.

    A girl at my barn has one for sale. It's a pretty new Wintec with the CAIR gullet system and I've ridden in it before (although not on Java - on a little bitty pony haha!) Or I was looking at buying the same one in an all around. Hers is a dressage saddle. The reason I tested hers out was because I wanted to buy one, but now she's pregnant and has sold her horse and is selling all of her tack, too.

    So, what do you all think? Yay/nay? The new one is selling for $400 so I figure she'll be selling hers for $300-$375 or so. I haven't called her yet.

    I think for me to actually start asking him to move out a bit more to pursue dressage then I'll need a saddle to ride on. Bareback is fine and dandy, but I can't ride for quite as long because my legs get exhausted so quickly.

    Woohoo. I can't wait. I'll have to sell my old english saddle to justify spending money on a new one. But it's cheaper than buying a new western saddle when Java will probably get as muscled again.

    Man, I really write novels.
         
        06-08-2009, 01:02 PM
      #27
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sixxofdiamonds    
    Well, you did answer my question!
    OK, I might be a little ornery. Horse riding isn't easy. Doesn't matter which type of riding you do....it's not an easy sport. Dressage has a language unto itself and I notice that I need a language translation. Straight and bend have different meanings in dressage.

    A challenge can be fun!
         
        06-08-2009, 01:30 PM
      #28
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Joshie    
    OK, I might be a little ornery. Horse riding isn't easy. Doesn't matter which type of riding you do....it's not an easy sport. Dressage has a language unto itself and I notice that I need a language translation. Straight and bend have different meanings in dressage.

    A challenge can be fun!

    I've noticed that - the language translation. I hope this challenge is fun! It was getting a bit boring just doing what we always do. But with this forum and riders at my barn, the idea of dressage is opening up to me.
         
        06-08-2009, 02:02 PM
      #29
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sixxofdiamonds    
    I've noticed that - the language translation. I hope this challenge is fun! It was getting a bit boring just doing what we always do. But with this forum and riders at my barn, the idea of dressage is opening up to me.
    Yeah, it definitely is a challenge. I started learning dressage like a month ago. I still haven't accomplished anything but I've learned a lot! Dakota's not really made out to be a dressage horse but I do my best. =]
         
        06-08-2009, 06:54 PM
      #30
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sixxofdiamonds    
    I've noticed that - the language translation. I hope this challenge is fun! It was getting a bit boring just doing what we always do. But with this forum and riders at my barn, the idea of dressage is opening up to me.
    Guilty here !!!!!! I have been teaching Joshie on the side ( in chat )
         

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Possibly still in foal....? help please! dmr22 Horse Breeding 3 05-05-2009 04:37 PM
    Possibly TB Buy eventer89 Horse Riding Critique 4 04-17-2009 12:42 AM
    Gaited Horses Possibly? confetti Gaited Horses 10 12-12-2008 08:58 PM
    What else could possibly go wrong? JustDressageIt General Off Topic Discussion 14 12-10-2008 02:03 AM
    Possibly moving to Knoxville, TN hanse004 Barn Maintenance 1 08-03-2007 11:53 AM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:52 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0