Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Alberta, Canada
• Horses: 0
With Little Mare:
- rhythm and straightness
- problem solving on her own (ie getting a bad distance to a canter pole means she has to rock back and split them, not break stride)
- no is never the answer
- hacking out is lots of fun!
- riding every stride to the base of the fence
- jelly elbows
- bending and flexing through her barrel
- weight through the tops of my calves, not too much in the heel (I've got the flexibility I need, now need to focus on getting the weight right)
- focusing on 2-3 things to work on, letting go of "perfect"
- I'm riding 2-4 different horses on a regular basis now, which I'm super excited about!
- keeping my muscles engaged without locking up, especially through my core
Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by JustDressageIt; 09-23-2013 at 03:15 PM.