Our driving hats
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > Driving

Our driving hats

This is a discussion on Our driving hats within the Driving forums, part of the Riding Horses category
  • Driving hats
  • Hat parade christmas

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    05-14-2012, 04:52 PM
  #1
Weanling
Our driving hats

Since some of us drive in CDE or pleasure drive, was curious as to what everyone's hats looked like. Here are a few of mine:

This hat I am going to maybe add a cute yellow wide ribbon around the front of it as I bought it for my auto topped surrey. The interior of the surrey is a beautiful yellow color.


My other hat I thought was really cute, reminded me of the time of Charles Dickens. I wore it when I pulled Santa and Mrs. Claus last year in a Christmas parade with a green scarf, black turtleneck, black jacket, black skirt, and a nice steel grey apron and black gloves.


This hat I had made for me, I wear it the most as when we do pleasure driving, we usually dress in khaki's and a blouse. The feathers are all from my chickens that I save up during the year. I have another hat just like this but in a beautiful foam green with black and grey feathers.




Here is the green hat:


But, if were piddling around the farm or exercising, this is my typical hat, a baseball cap:


What does everyone else wear?
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    05-15-2012, 08:35 AM
  #2
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreySorrel    
Since some of us drive in CDE or pleasure drive, was curious as to what everyone's hats looked like. Here are a few of mine:

This hat I am going to maybe add a cute yellow wide ribbon around the front of it as I bought it for my auto topped surrey. The interior of the surrey is a beautiful yellow color.


My other hat I thought was really cute, reminded me of the time of Charles Dickens. I wore it when I pulled Santa and Mrs. Claus last year in a Christmas parade with a green scarf, black turtleneck, black jacket, black skirt, and a nice steel grey apron and black gloves.


This hat I had made for me, I wear it the most as when we do pleasure driving, we usually dress in khaki's and a blouse. The feathers are all from my chickens that I save up during the year. I have another hat just like this but in a beautiful foam green with black and grey feathers.




Here is the green hat:


But, if were piddling around the farm or exercising, this is my typical hat, a baseball cap:


What does everyone else wear?
at shows when driveing I ware tweed hacking jacket trilby hat in tweed white shirt and black tie and black trousers and shoes.
And whilst driveing a wool driveing apron as well in bottle green bound yellow.
I also take wool rugs for the ponys and rain sheets as well in the same colour.
If you want to see them ill take some pictures and show them to you.
Many thanks.
     
    05-15-2012, 09:29 AM
  #3
Weanling
Would love to see them, since your the only one I have yet to piss off with my blunt nature...lol
     
    05-15-2012, 09:38 AM
  #4
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreySorrel    
Would love to see them, since your the only one I have yet to piss off with my blunt nature...lol
my frend I take life with a pinch of salt and it would take a lot to piss me off.
But the best way to say its like water off a ducks back.
This is horse chat and that is that and its great and I have chatted to a few people on here to so I would not worry just be your self and don't put your self or your opinions down eather.
The horse world has all walks of life in it.
But my self iv had a life time of being run through the mill but that's life .
Ill get some pictures for you and you can see there rugs as well.
Many thanks and hey keep chatting ya hear.
Many thanks.
     
    05-15-2012, 11:06 AM
  #5
Green Broke
I just got a new hat although I haven't got to wear it yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hat.jpg (19.7 KB, 170 views)
     
    05-15-2012, 11:44 AM
  #6
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by churumbeque    
I just got a new hat although I haven't got to wear it yet.
I love the colors!! Do you have an outfit to go with it yet?
     
    05-15-2012, 11:56 AM
  #7
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreySorrel    
I love the colors!! Do you have an outfit to go with it yet?
Why yes I do.
The hat is similar color of my cane sides and my blouse is multi colored with green, brown and yellow. My cart is yellow and black. I had seen the hat a year ago and found this blouse on sale at Dillards.
     
    05-15-2012, 12:04 PM
  #8
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by churumbeque    
Why yes I do.
The hat is similar color of my cane sides and my blouse is multi colored with green, brown and yellow. My cart is yellow and black. I had seen the hat a year ago and found this blouse on sale at Dillards.
I posted a picture but it didn't attach. Not sure why iot isn't working all of the sudden but been having issues with my cell phone
     
    05-15-2012, 12:57 PM
  #9
Green Broke
Lets try agian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg turnout.jpg (42.0 KB, 157 views)
     
    05-15-2012, 01:40 PM
  #10
Weanling
Ohhh your going to look smashing! Can't wait to see you put together all dressed up and from what I can see of your cart (?) you will wow the crowd!
     

Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Riding hats Snizard93 English Riding 5 03-29-2012 09:53 AM
cowboy hats? SarahAnn Rodeo 38 01-18-2012 10:24 AM
Tell me about your hats :) SorrelHorse Western Riding 15 11-12-2011 04:48 PM
Wanted-Hats? CamBubbles22 Horse Tack and Equipment 0 06-05-2011 01:23 AM
help with hats. chika1235 Western Riding 1 12-18-2009 03:10 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0