Waggon painter at last - Page 2
   

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > Driving

Waggon painter at last

This is a discussion on Waggon painter at last within the Driving forums, part of the Riding Horses category

    Like Tree1Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        01-12-2014, 08:53 PM
      #11
    Yearling
    So, I'm trying to picture it in my mind.... Like the wagon Professor Marvle had in the "Wizard of Oz" ???
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        01-13-2014, 03:30 AM
      #12
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by littrella    
    So, I'm trying to picture it in my mind.... Like the wagon Professor Marvle had in the "Wizard of Oz" ???
    I don't know littrella,but If you look at a thread I started called ,on the road,there are some pics of a similar type waggon ,except its on motor wheels
         
        01-13-2014, 10:35 AM
      #13
    Started
    Yeah, the ones the Gypsies used. That , I think, is why the horses are called Gypsy Vanners. It is going to be fantastic!!

    Nancy
         
        01-13-2014, 11:52 AM
      #14
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by greentree    
    Yeah, the ones the Gypsies used. That , I think, is why the horses are called Gypsy Vanners. It is going to be fantastic!!

    Nancy
    yeah that's the one,the mans about 150miles away from me,but I will nip over very few months and try to take pics as it's progressing
         
        01-13-2014, 11:59 AM
      #15
    Super Moderator
    It looks like its going to be amazing when its finished - I love that these traditions are being kept alive
    When I was a teenager and visited my Grandfather in Ireland I sometimes had a pony on loan from a man in Cork who used to hire out Gypsy Caravans complete with horse for people wanting a different sort of holiday
         
        01-15-2014, 09:24 PM
      #16
    Showing
    When I worked in the restoration of library materials, that was only a small aspect of the restoration work that took place. There were many retirees working there just for the love of it, and the paycheck was nice. The wheelrights were in their 70's and at the time they were few and far between. They were afraid it was dying out. The restoration work done on the carriages were works of art.
         
        01-16-2014, 08:13 AM
      #17
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Saddlebag    
    When I worked in the restoration of library materials, that was only a small aspect of the restoration work that took place. There were many retirees working there just for the love of it, and the paycheck was nice. The wheelrights were in their 70's and at the time they were few and far between. They were afraid it was dying out. The restoration work done on the carriages were works of art.
    yes it's a real shame even a simple thing like a local harness repairer is like looking for rocking horse poop.i got that sick of finding and then waiting for bits coming back,I paid to go on a week long course,just to teach myself basic repairs,best money I ever spent
         
        01-16-2014, 07:09 PM
      #18
    Showing
    Too bad I didn't know as I could have helped you with that. Glad you found someone to teach you. I'm looking for a good used harness, breast plate style. Our weather has been so cold and windy I don't want to be outside long enough to get a few measurements. I think we've had a record snowfall and we've a ways to go yet.
         
        01-21-2014, 10:22 PM
      #19
    Yearling
    Wow!!!!
         
        03-22-2014, 04:53 AM
      #20
    Weanling
    Just went to see my living waggon yesterday,and got some more pics of the progress ,so I will try to post them here
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg image.jpg (58.5 KB, 21 views)
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Painter's going on trial 1dog3cats17rodents Horse Talk 1 08-18-2009 02:21 PM
    Painter and I bareback 1dog3cats17rodents Horse Pictures 4 07-20-2009 06:32 PM
    Painter Conformation 1dog3cats17rodents Horse Riding Critique 4 03-09-2009 06:23 AM
    Critique Painter and me 1dog3cats17rodents Horse Riding Critique 7 02-01-2009 12:24 AM
    Painter 1dog3cats17rodents Horse Riding Critique 14 03-15-2008 06:22 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:25 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0