Count down to Biltmore.. - Page 2 - The Horse Forum
 11Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 Old 05-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SE TN
Posts: 4,348
• Horses: 3
He's posted in a couple of other forum topics.....

Hope he's alright and had a great time.
AnitaAnne likes this.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
gunslinger is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 21 Old 05-08-2012, 08:28 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,689
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger View Post
He's posted in a couple of other forum topics.....

Hope he's alright and had a great time.
I'm just joking. I would have been exhausted after riding 25 miles.
mildot is offline  
post #13 of 21 Old 05-09-2012, 07:48 AM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SE TN
Posts: 4,348
• Horses: 3
Me too!

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
gunslinger is offline  
post #14 of 21 Old 05-21-2012, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Surry, Va
Posts: 4,712
• Horses: 0
well I was hoping to have something positive to report, was pretty upset with myself, simple matter was I rode too fast, way too fast came into the first vet check too fast and was simply over time on pulse down. Felt terrible let my horse down. Did have fun on the first loop,, so then looked for a way to redeem my self and headed to Leatherwood mt this weekend.
OMG what a horrendous tough trail, the second yellow loop liked to killed both of us. Back at camp I hear the other riders saying it was harder than the OD. Was almost nowhere I could make up any time only managed about 4.2 mph on that loop. Bo was a hero though ate and drank the whole day. Pulsed down right away at both vet checks headed out to third loop and we were done, ended up leading him jogging walking climbing for about 5 miles, came in to finish about 9 hours, chilled out 500 yards from finnish line at the creek with lots of wet clover and grass, took off halter and let him munch for 20 minutes, walked in for an official finish of 9:21 came through the final check alive and well on the Leatherwood 50.

Think I will be looking for some flat rides for awhile.
AnitaAnne likes this.
Joe4d is offline  
post #15 of 21 Old 05-21-2012, 09:44 AM
Showing
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 16,269
• Horses: 1
Well at least you know what to expect for next time. Well done regardless of the outcome!

"Strength is the ability to use a muscle without tension"
Skyseternalangel is online now  
post #16 of 21 Old 05-21-2012, 09:44 AM
Trained
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Georgia USA
Posts: 6,398
• Horses: 1
Joe, you didn't let him down. You can't win every race. As far as Bo know, he did win. He had a great time I am sure. Hang in there.

Celeste
Celeste is offline  
post #17 of 21 Old 05-21-2012, 10:21 AM
QOS
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Southeast Texas
Posts: 3,384
• Horses: 2
Hey Joe, you didn't let him down...it is a learning process. At least you finished!!! I didn't even hardly get out the door! Keep at it and I'll cheer you on heck, I am thrilled that I made a 1.8 mile ride yesterday. I haven't been able to ride due to weather, other folks getting sick, work....rode by myself and will continue to gain confidence in me AND The Biscuit! I know you ride by yourself all the time so I am going to take a page out of your book and go it alone!!

Hopefully the next ride will be a little smoother - you will know what to expect and will train with that in mind.

Cheers!
Skyseternalangel likes this.

Enjoying my Garmin and mapping trails
Visit my trail riding blog at
dashingbigred.blogspot.com
QOS is offline  
post #18 of 21 Old 05-21-2012, 10:44 AM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southeast
Posts: 3,421
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4d View Post
well I was hoping to have something positive to report, was pretty upset with myself, simple matter was I rode too fast, way too fast came into the first vet check too fast and was simply over time on pulse down. Felt terrible let my horse down. Did have fun on the first loop,, so then looked for a way to redeem my self and headed to Leatherwood mt this weekend.
OMG what a horrendous tough trail, the second yellow loop liked to killed both of us. Back at camp I hear the other riders saying it was harder than the OD. Was almost nowhere I could make up any time only managed about 4.2 mph on that loop. Bo was a hero though ate and drank the whole day. Pulsed down right away at both vet checks headed out to third loop and we were done, ended up leading him jogging walking climbing for about 5 miles, came in to finish about 9 hours, chilled out 500 yards from finnish line at the creek with lots of wet clover and grass, took off halter and let him munch for 20 minutes, walked in for an official finish of 9:21 came through the final check alive and well on the Leatherwood 50.

Think I will be looking for some flat rides for awhile.
Something to be said for coming in alive & well! Bravo "to finish is to win"

I am looking for flat trails too for a start and don't want to travel to Florida to find them- was the Bitmore relatively flat?
AnitaAnne is online now  
post #19 of 21 Old 05-21-2012, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Surry, Va
Posts: 4,712
• Horses: 0
No the let down part was the first ride at Biltmore estate, where we got pulled at the first check.

I think at Leatherwood we did everything we could to finish. He was a hero and we did it together.
AnitaAnne likes this.
Joe4d is offline  
post #20 of 21 Old 05-21-2012, 02:35 PM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southeast
Posts: 3,421
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4d View Post
No the let down part was the first ride at Biltmore estate, where we got pulled at the first check.

I think at Leatherwood we did everything we could to finish. He was a hero and we did it together.
Congrats on conquering Leatherwood!!!!
AnitaAnne is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Count to 10,000 Sundaysilence Games 9010 08-01-2014 11:27 PM
Biltmore horses MajesticSpirit Horse Pictures 2 05-03-2011 10:10 AM
count to a million!!!! 13arablover13 Jokes and Funnies 16 02-27-2011 08:06 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome