Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hatton Vale, QLD, Australia
oh my lord no lol possum and jarred would think they were on holidays if I gave them a workout like that ;)
Just for comparisons sake this is a normal weeks workouts for possum who gets the most work because its show season.
* monday - 1 hr flatwork
* tuesday - day off
* wednesday - lunging with lunge training system and then jumping (all up about 45 minutes to an hour depending on her energy level)
* thursday - 30 minutes flatwork, 30 minutes jumping
* friday - cruise around the paddock getting the energy out working up hills
* saturday - 15 minutes lunge training, 30 minutes flatwork and finish up with a few jumps
* sunday - a trail ride usually for about 2 hours
I really wouldnt worry about over working your horse. By any chance are the people that are saying this the kind of people that either rarely ride or when they do they ride for like 10 minutes???
And if she sweats, she sweats. She's a horse and its summer there. Possum is sweating at the end of her workout and its winter here. You only need to be worried about sweat if your horse is fit and it starts sweating excessively. If she wasnt sweating after her workout I would be more worried. I mean im sweating after we ride and I don't hear anyone complaining to possum about making me sweat ;)
"I whisper but my horse doesnt listen...So I yell!!...He still doesnt listen"