Dissecting an English Saddle! - Page 3
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > English Riding

Dissecting an English Saddle!

This is a discussion on Dissecting an English Saddle! within the English Riding forums, part of the Riding Horses category

    Like Tree3Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        01-06-2013, 07:07 PM
      #21
    Weanling
    The top row right is a piece of the flocking. It came out in square-ish shaped pieces.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        01-07-2013, 04:53 PM
      #22
    Yearling
    Have you found any actual evidence of "flexible points" in there?
         
        01-07-2013, 06:13 PM
      #23
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by freia    
    Have you found any actual evidence of "flexible points" in there?
    Honestly, I don't even know what flexible points are....XD
         
        01-07-2013, 08:07 PM
      #24
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LikeaTB    
    Honestly, I don't even know what flexible points are....XD
    Flexible points are supposedly a feature that allows the tree-points to flex a bit, so if it's, say, a medium tree, the tree-points would "self-adjust" to a medium/narrow or medium/wide.

    I've never believed it. Always figured it's a marketing gimmick. And if it's real, I always figured it would just flex/bounce/pinch with the rider's weight shifts and pitch the saddle one way or the other and create more problems than it would fix.

    I've just never actually seen what these magical flexible tree-points would actually look like...

    Can you get a close-up of the tree-points, taken from directly from the front? I wonder if there's some kind of joint or spring in there, or if it's just the tree material itself that's so soft that it just flexes (or breaks, as in your case).
         
        01-07-2013, 09:23 PM
      #25
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by freia    
    Flexible points are supposedly a feature that allows the tree-points to flex a bit, so if it's, say, a medium tree, the tree-points would "self-adjust" to a medium/narrow or medium/wide.

    I've never believed it. Always figured it's a marketing gimmick. And if it's real, I always figured it would just flex/bounce/pinch with the rider's weight shifts and pitch the saddle one way or the other and create more problems than it would fix.

    I've just never actually seen what these magical flexible tree-points would actually look like...

    Can you get a close-up of the tree-points, taken from directly from the front? I wonder if there's some kind of joint or spring in there, or if it's just the tree material itself that's so soft that it just flexes (or breaks, as in your case).
    It does sound like a gimmick...

    I'll try to take some pictures some time this week. Is it the front of the saddle where the tree points are?
         
        01-07-2013, 09:28 PM
      #26
    Yearling
    Yes, the points are at the very front. They're what determine how wide your tree is.

    http://www.trumbullmtn.com/wp-conten...SADDLETREE.jpg
         
        01-12-2013, 09:07 PM
      #27
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by freia    
    Yes, the points are at the very front. They're what determine how wide your tree is.

    http://www.trumbullmtn.com/wp-conten...SADDLETREE.jpg
    I haven't taken pictures of the points, but I just pushed on them to see if they flex at all, and they do not.
         
        01-13-2013, 07:35 PM
      #28
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LikeaTB    
    I haven't taken pictures of the points, but I just pushed on them to see if they flex at all, and they do not.
    Aha! That's what I thought. A gimmick.
         

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    16.5" Crosby CC English Saddle + More English Tack/Apparel- OFFERS ACCEPTED MUST GO! tana Tack and Equipment Classifieds 13 10-03-2011 04:11 PM
    wanted: bell boots, english saddle and other english tack hburke Tack and Equipment Classifieds 16 01-26-2011 09:07 AM
    Dissecting Leads and Flying Changes! Eolith Horse Riding 2 12-05-2010 06:42 PM
    FS: Nintendo DS, English apparel / Wanted: English CC Saddle ponyrawr Tack and Equipment Classifieds 2 10-17-2010 08:35 PM
    me riding English!! In an actual english saddle!! alucard Horse Pictures 4 07-20-2009 01:11 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:06 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0