do I need a special saddle pad for a english saddle? - Page 2

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > English Riding

do I need a special saddle pad for a english saddle?

This is a discussion on do I need a special saddle pad for a english saddle? within the English Riding forums, part of the Riding Horses category

    LinkBack Thread Tools
        02-01-2011, 08:04 PM
    Green Broke
    Or like this, Google Image Result for

    It's the ones I like.
    Sponsored Links
        02-01-2011, 08:06 PM
    Green Broke
    Google Image Result for

    Google Image Result for

    Google Image Result for$oldimage$

    They come in lots of different colors and patterens!
        02-01-2011, 08:51 PM
    Lol ray! Like google for sure. If you guys want to I can tell you the "legend" behind that saddle
        02-01-2011, 08:57 PM
    Hmmm.... Somehow that hole in mid of saddle makes me thinking WHAT it was for originally...

    You'll need a different pad. And depending on what saddle you want to buy (A/P or dressage) you have to buy a pad accordingly.
        02-01-2011, 09:00 PM
    Green Broke
    Size is dependent on your thigh length I think - so go to the saddle shop and try saddles. Also English saddles are harder to fit, some will need restuffing and sometimes certain brands just won't suit you and your horse.

    Saddle pads are the least of your worries, some people don't even use them but generally you use a pad to suit the flap cut of your saddle, so a dressage saddle would have a straight front where as a jump or AP would be curved.
        02-01-2011, 09:05 PM
    Okie I'm just going to tell yall anyways XD so when I bought this saddle (for whopping $50)the lady called it a paso saddle and what she said people would use to do was ride pasos for days sometimes weeks almost nonstop. Eventually the horse would loose weight and the slit in the saddle is for the backbone. Sad storey I know. But also when I bought it, it had like a cover that went over the seat but I took it off because it was UGLY! Hahaha...
        02-01-2011, 09:11 PM
    Green Broke
    That's a McClellan style saddle. One my friends has one. You will need a different pad for an english saddle.
        02-02-2011, 09:15 AM
    Green Broke
    That is very interesting Larra! That is kinda sad for the horses. I remember something I saw on tv once. People who traveled long distances put raw meat under their saddles so the pounding action of the horse would break down some of the meat and tenderize it LOL

    Is it comfy to ride in?
        02-02-2011, 07:17 PM
    Well its not the best but the good thing is that an 8 y o could saddle a horse with that saddle becuase its so light weight!

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Do gaited horses *have* to have special saddle? mysticdragon72 Gaited Horses 18 01-21-2011 09:00 PM
    Rocking R Cutting Saddle + Close Contact English Saddle FS rileynbob Tack and Equipment Classifieds 1 02-01-2010 03:05 PM
    Using a Western saddle blanket under an English saddle...?? ShannonSevenfold Horse Tack and Equipment 4 09-13-2009 05:25 PM
    New saddle needs special pad Chicalove Horse Tack and Equipment 3 02-19-2008 11:11 PM

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:04 PM.

    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0