Dressage
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > English Riding

Dressage

This is a discussion on Dressage within the English Riding forums, part of the Riding Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        01-08-2009, 12:51 AM
      #1
    Foal
    Dressage

    Hey everybody! I have done some dressage locally and placed but I was just wondering if there was anyone else out there that does dressage and has any tips on 20meter circles and getting your horse to bend more???
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        01-08-2009, 12:54 AM
      #2
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GyPsY GiRL    
    Hey everybody! I have done some dressage locally and placed but I was just wondering if there was anyone else out there that does dressage and has any tips on 20meter circles and getting your horse to bend more???
    Your best bet is to find and work with a trainer.
         
        01-08-2009, 12:55 AM
      #3
    Yearling
    How long have you been riding?? Do you understand how to use each of you aids seperatly?
         
        01-08-2009, 01:08 AM
      #4
    Foal
    I do have a trainer and we have worked on it and gotten better.. I was just wondering if anyone had any extra tips..
    Miss katie-i have been riding for about 7-8 years but I started out western and english pleasure...i started getting into dressage about 2 years ago..
    Yea, I understand my aids.. I sometimes have trouble leaning too far foward and giving my horse the control, like letting my shoulders drop..
         
        01-11-2009, 06:10 AM
      #5
    Foal
    Well, you have to give aids with your inner shank and hinder the horse with your outer shank from dropping out its hind quarters.
    Take your inner hand a little bit up and give from time to time half-halts.
    And donīt be stiff in your upper part of your body! Turn your shoulders and your head in the direction you want to ride.

    These are the aids for a correct bending.
         
        01-11-2009, 02:56 PM
      #6
    Weanling
    Can you post a video so I can give you some advice with what you are doing wrong?
         
        01-12-2009, 03:05 AM
      #7
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tawariel    
    well, you have to give aids with your inner shank and hinder the horse with your outer shank from dropping out its hind quarters.
    Take your inner hand a little bit up and give from time to time half-halts.
    And donīt be stiff in your upper part of your body! Turn your shoulders and your head in the direction you want to ride.

    These are the aids for a correct bending.
    Thank you! That's what I was asking...my trainer has explained it to me but I always get confused trying to do it all at once and usually end up getting stiff and not turning like i'm supposed to.. but thanks again!
         
        01-12-2009, 03:08 AM
      #8
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by horsegirl123    
    Can you post a video so I can give you some advice with what you are doing wrong?
    i don't have any videos of me doing dressage...i don't really have anybody to take any of me, everyone's usually riding. But I can try to get one... it's not that I don't know what i'm doing wrong, I just wanted some tips on how to keep my head and body turned and use my aides w/o getting distracted or frustrated w/ my horse and for someone to explain it and the girl above you did it step by step....lol
         
        01-12-2009, 03:39 AM
      #9
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tawariel    
    well, you have to give aids with your inner shank and hinder the horse with your outer shank from dropping out its hind quarters.
    Take your inner hand a little bit up and give from time to time half-halts.
    And donīt be stiff in your upper part of your body! Turn your shoulders and your head in the direction you want to ride.

    These are the aids for a correct bending.

    I respectfully disagree.
         
        01-12-2009, 02:36 PM
      #10
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Spyder    
    I respectfully disagree.
    oh, do you?

    Well, thatīs how I was taught to bend a horse correctly and it also looks correctly. And up to now all jugdes on tournaments have said to me how good I ride circels with such a beatiful bending.

    But would you be so kind to let us know of YOUR idea to bend a horse? Or can you just disagree?
         

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    What bit to use in dressage? Eventer4545 Horse Training 9 10-06-2014 12:06 AM
    Pikeur Dressage Coat and Ariat Dressage Boots jklfarm Tack and Equipment Classifieds 1 01-07-2009 09:22 AM
    why do you like dressage? sempre_cantando English Riding 34 12-22-2008 04:32 PM
    KYB Dressage Young_Dressage Horse Videos 3 04-06-2008 03:47 AM
    Dressage horse_luver4e Horse Training 11 02-12-2008 11:18 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:20 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0