English riding lessons?
   

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > English Riding

English riding lessons?

This is a discussion on English riding lessons? within the English Riding forums, part of the Riding Horses category
  • English riding lessons
  • I don't riding english

Like Tree2Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    11-06-2012, 09:10 PM
  #1
Weanling
English riding lessons?

I have been riding for 5 years (2 years English, 3 Western) and I am currently doing Western, but I really want to do English, too. I miss jumping like crazy and that is what I want to do so badly right now. I have an old English saddle that I might get repaired and use, but ride Western in it.

Well anyways, I am doing Western lessons weekly right now but I really want to do some English lessons. I do kind of want to go back to English (not saying I don't like Western), but I really love the barn I'm at right now and I couldn't bear to leave it. My parents can't afford for me to do both and I wouldn't ask to. I don't know whether I should do an English lesson but still do Western or what?! What do y'all think I should do?
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    11-06-2012, 09:13 PM
  #2
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeaTB    
I have been riding for 5 years (2 years English, 3 Western) and I am currently doing Western, but I really want to do English, too. I miss jumping like crazy and that is what I want to do so badly right now. I have an old English saddle that I might get repaired and use, but ride Western in it.

Well anyways, I am doing Western lessons weekly right now but I really want to do some English lessons. I do kind of want to go back to English (not saying I don't like Western), but I really love the barn I'm at right now and I couldn't bear to leave it. My parents can't afford for me to do both and I wouldn't ask to. I don't know whether I should do an English lesson but still do Western or what?! What do y'all think I should do?

You're going to ride western in an English saddle? I don't understand that bit.
Does the stable you're at now not give English lessons as well as the western?
     
    11-06-2012, 09:13 PM
  #3
Weanling
Oh and I would like to add:
This is the second time I've wanted to do English again while doing Western, last time was sometime last year.
     
    11-06-2012, 09:16 PM
  #4
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornToRun    
You're going to ride western in an English saddle? I don't understand that bit.
Does the stable you're at now not give English lessons as well as the western?

Sorry about the confusion, I meant that I was going to ride normally like I would in a Western saddle but in an English saddle. I don't neck rein, I direct rein in a snaffle and I was going to do the same in the English saddle. I was basically going to ride the same way I ride in a Western saddle just in an English saddle.
     
    11-06-2012, 09:20 PM
  #5
Weanling
And no, they don't give English lessons.
     
    11-07-2012, 07:52 AM
  #6
Weanling
I just feel really torn because I really don't want to leave the barn I'm at right now but I want to do English. Maybe I'll talk to them about something...
     
    11-07-2012, 11:46 AM
  #7
Weanling
Ride both english & western then? Theres nothing wrong in having two coaches. Find a barn that teaches english, and keep on with your western.
     
    11-07-2012, 12:12 PM
  #8
Green Broke
Some suggestions..

-Take less western lessons and and use the gap to take English lessons.
-find a way to pay for the English lessons yourself
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    11-07-2012, 06:20 PM
  #9
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulford15    
Ride both english & western then? Theres nothing wrong in having two coaches. Find a barn that teaches english, and keep on with your western.
The only issue is that I don't want to have my parents pay for 2 different types of lessons. I did send an email to the English barn asking if I could possibly work off lessons, but I haven't gotten a response yet.
     
    11-07-2012, 06:24 PM
  #10
Yearling
You could take a lesson at both barns every two weeks so that you would be taking one western lesson and one English lesson during the week, and then it would be like your parents are still paying for a western lesson every week. Do you have a job?
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First Day of English Lessons MsKibibi English Riding 18 10-20-2010 04:03 PM
starting English riding lessons tjolly English Riding 6 05-31-2009 12:02 AM
Might be taking English riding lessons always-wanted English Riding 16 10-11-2008 11:28 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0