Finally used a saddle today and found a problem I have.
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > English Riding

Finally used a saddle today and found a problem I have.

This is a discussion on Finally used a saddle today and found a problem I have. within the English Riding forums, part of the Riding Horses category

    Like Tree8Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        04-13-2013, 05:56 PM
      #1
    Foal
    Finally used a saddle today and found a problem I have.

    So for the past like 7-8 months I've been riding my mare bareback just because she likes it more and I feel more engaged and in sync with her.
    But today, I decided to put her English saddle back on her, and she was perfect, but my legs kept moving when I was posting. :/
    The stirrups are the correct length, I made sure of it when I got on.
    I focused on keeping a soft hand and my heels down, but my legs were like all over the place?
    Is it because my legs haven't been in stirrups for so long?
    What can I do to fix it?
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        04-13-2013, 08:01 PM
      #2
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LoveForHorses97    
    So for the past like 7-8 months I've been riding my mare bareback just because she likes it more and I feel more engaged and in sync with her.
    But today, I decided to put her English saddle back on her, and she was perfect, but my legs kept moving when I was posting. :/
    The stirrups are the correct length, I made sure of it when I got on.
    I focused on keeping a soft hand and my heels down, but my legs were like all over the place?
    Is it because my legs haven't been in stirrups for so long?
    What can I do to fix it?
    rode a different horse and didn't have that problem. Hmmmm...
    I'm not quite sure what's going on.
    What could it be?!
         
        04-14-2013, 01:32 AM
      #3
    Green Broke
    Requiring different muscles. Different horses have different ways of moving just as people do (watch people wald and run). You'll get it, I'm sure of it.
         
        04-14-2013, 12:30 PM
      #4
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by boots    
    Requiring different muscles. Different horses have different ways of moving just as people do (watch people wald and run). You'll get it, I'm sure of it.
    Thanks! I'm going to keep working on it! Hopefully it'll be much better soon!
         
        04-14-2013, 12:35 PM
      #5
    Banned
    Is your horse gaited?
         
        04-14-2013, 12:52 PM
      #6
    Trained
    Is it just me who reads the title of this thread in a Yoda voice?

         
        04-14-2013, 01:46 PM
      #7
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Golden Horse    
    Is it just me who reads the title of this thread in a Yoda voice?

    No-- but I read this and though it was Rude..
         
        04-14-2013, 02:09 PM
      #8
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by toto    
    Is your horse gaited?
    No she is not... she is a little fat though haha
    I rode again today and put my stirrups down a little farther than normal and that seemed to help.
    It could be just getting used to being in a saddle again. My legs were at a natural bend rather than the bend the stirrups created.
         
        04-14-2013, 02:18 PM
      #9
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by toto    
    No-- but I read this and though it was Rude..
    Rude it wasn't joke it was, honest

    Thyme likes this.
         
        04-14-2013, 07:07 PM
      #10
    Green Broke
    Sometimes I talk like Yodo, sometimes my friends do. We call each other on it.

    I asked the poor OP to watch people "wald." I wonder if that couldn't get one slapped in some country? My right and left hands just seem to jump in and try to help each other when typing.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    I finally found a child/pony saddle for reasonable price! Foxtail Ranch Horse Tack and Equipment 4 03-15-2013 11:25 PM
    Finally found my place! Snizard93 Horse Talk 1 11-12-2012 02:13 PM
    I finally found it! shaggy Horse Grooming 11 10-28-2012 02:29 PM
    I finally found one! :D mountainhorse44 Miniature Horses 11 09-29-2009 05:39 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:28 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0