I used to show dogs. My first dozen shows were nerve wracking for me I was so afraid of forgetting something. I ended up having "show tubs" (think blue bins) that I would keep an inventory list taped to the underside of the cover. This way i could verify what I needed to pack or replenish.
I agree with disastercupcake. Lists are your friends. I would recommend you pack up to a week earlier so you can make any emergency purchases you realize you need.
From my experience with dogs, these items can be overlooked:
- cooler with beverages and light snacks to a full luncheon meal if you will be there all day. (This is for you).
- If you are prone to anxiety, or nerves, some Tums or other antacid.
- A change of show clothes.
- Makeup for touchups
- Chairs to sit on.
- Shade (canopy or umbrella) if you will be outdoors.
- for your first few shows; pack it all. Your grooming tools, spray bottles, conditioners, whatever you use that is allowed the day of a show. Even your clippers. because 30 minutes before you tack up, you will find a smudge, a knick, or something that you want to take care of.
good luck, let us know you you do!