Good Winter Riding Boots
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > English Riding

Good Winter Riding Boots

This is a discussion on Good Winter Riding Boots within the English Riding forums, part of the Riding Horses category
  • Mountain horse winter riding boots
  • Equestrain winter boots in canada

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    10-18-2009, 04:51 PM
  #1
Yearling
Good Winter Riding Boots

Hi Everyone,
Im looking for both western or english, preferably english riding boots lol.
But I do alot of trail riding right now.. But anyways. I wanted to know what kind of winter riding boots do you use ? What would you suggest ? Do they keep your feet warm ?

I Need riding boots lol, and since winter is coming round.. well you know !
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    10-18-2009, 05:47 PM
  #2
Yearling
I've heard that the Mountain Horse brand (I think that's what it is) is great. Some of my friends have them, and say that they are great! I, however, cannot afford winter riding boots, so I just put on thick socks and those little heat pack thingys :). That's always an option if you can't get winter boots in time :).
     
    10-18-2009, 06:09 PM
  #3
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by anrz    
I've heard that the Mountain Horse brand (I think that's what it is) is great. Some of my friends have them, and say that they are great! I, however, cannot afford winter riding boots, so I just put on thick socks and those little heat pack thingys :). That's always an option if you can't get winter boots in time :).
Thank you ! :) ^
I will definitally try the suggestion from you, it will take awhile before I can even get my hands on some winter riding boots :)!
     
    10-18-2009, 06:26 PM
  #4
Trained
I have Mountain Horse Winter Riding Boots and I love them!



Yes they keep my feet very warm and toasty and they are also waterproof. They are great boots!

I am saving up for their new models though:





Then they also have these one's that I'm liking as well:

     
    10-18-2009, 06:44 PM
  #5
Yearling
^ ohhh I like ! :)
Thank you MIEventer
     
    10-18-2009, 10:21 PM
  #6
Green Broke
I've been thinking about getting some good winter boots as well! At the moment I just wear my regular ariats and smartwool socks....

MIE- how well do Mountain horse boots wear? I've bought the Ariat Cobalt devon Pros for years and can't get more then a year and a half out of them (nor can any trainer I know) which I think is ridiculous for $200 a pair. But can't find another brand that lasts longer. Haven't tried Mountain Horse yet. Also, are the winter ones bulky? They look a little bulky...
     
    10-18-2009, 10:46 PM
  #7
Trained
The older model Mountain Horse Rimfrost Rider II's are bulky, but their new model that is out this year are not.

The pair I have:



But I love them. I've owned mine for 4 years now without an issue. I even found another pair at a Tack Sale, brand new that I got for $10.00. Lol. So I have a back up if need be.

The newer models are sleeker and slimmer:



But I think I am going to sell both my pairs of Mountain Horse boots and get the new, new, new, new ones:




I have a pair of Ariat Winter Boots as well, and I hate them. I am going to put those up for sale too - the issue I had with those are that the inside foam ripped open at the heel. Haven't used them since. I wont get another pair of over rated Ariats again.
     
    10-18-2009, 11:24 PM
  #8
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by upnover    

MIE- how well do Mountain horse boots wear? I've bought the Ariat Cobalt devon Pros for years and can't get more then a year and a half out of them (nor can any trainer I know) which I think is ridiculous for $200 a pair. But can't find another brand that lasts longer. Haven't tried Mountain Horse yet. Also, are the winter ones bulky? They look a little bulky...
^ took the questions right out of my mouth ...
     
    10-19-2009, 01:32 AM
  #9
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIEventer    
The older model Mountain Horse Rimfrost Rider II's are bulky, but their new model that is out this year are not.

The pair I have:



But I love them. I've owned mine for 4 years now without an issue. I even found another pair at a Tack Sale, brand new that I got for $10.00. Lol. So I have a back up if need be.

The newer models are sleeker and slimmer:



But I think I am going to sell both my pairs of Mountain Horse boots and get the new, new, new, new ones:




I have a pair of Ariat Winter Boots as well, and I hate them. I am going to put those up for sale too - the issue I had with those are that the inside foam ripped open at the heel. Haven't used them since. I wont get another pair of over rated Ariats again.
Warning: This is going to sound very dumb

Can you wear them in summer or do your feet get to hot??

I'll stick with my warm socks.
     
    10-19-2009, 04:19 AM
  #10
Yearling
This, also, might sound a bit stupid but the tread on the sole of those older boots, I can't imagine those would be good in the stirrup. I'm glad I live where it never gets too hot or too cold. A lot of people say the town I live in has the best climate in Australia.
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Riding in winter? QHDragon Horse Health 11 09-30-2009 09:12 PM
Jumping Boots Or Riding Boots~ Please Replie Soon! ChingazMyBoy Horse Tack and Equipment 1 04-28-2009 10:34 PM
No-riding-in-winter blues 3neighs Horse Talk 20 01-13-2009 08:38 PM
Winter riding--when, where, how much, etc. Ottakee Trail Riding 35 12-29-2008 07:42 AM
Winter riding??? HorsesAreForever Horse Training 2 11-21-2007 07:11 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0