How bout 4-h separated hunter under saddle into 2 groups
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > English Riding

How bout 4-h separated hunter under saddle into 2 groups

This is a discussion on How bout 4-h separated hunter under saddle into 2 groups within the English Riding forums, part of the Riding Horses category
  • What is hunter under saddle breed type 4h
  • 4-h stock type hunter

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    02-24-2010, 06:53 PM
  #1
Foal
How bout 4-h separated hunter under saddle into 2 groups

They are breed type and classic. Breed type is more for stalk type horses. Classic is for Thouroghbred and Warmblood types. Because im riding a NSH I could go either, so naturaly im picking classic so I don't have to compete against the peanut rollers!! Yay!!! Personally I love this change. What are your opinions?
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    02-25-2010, 09:36 AM
  #2
Banned
I am not sure I understand your post well enough to comment.

Your local 4H organization divided HUS into two categories? So now it is by age and horse type?
     
    02-25-2010, 09:41 AM
  #3
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysbehind    
I am not sure I understand your post well enough to comment.

Your local 4H organization divided HUS into two categories? So now it is by age and horse type?
yes they did because its hard to judge stalk type horses against thourobreds and other types of horses fairly (usualy because its 4-h they will almost always place the stalk type horses first, not many judges favor thourobreds or arabs, at least that's how it is in my area)
     
    02-25-2010, 10:39 AM
  #4
Banned
I believe the term is stock type not stalk type. (And it is thoroughbred)

At the open shows and 4H shows in my area the judge, in theory, judges the particular horse against what that breed would be judged against. Kind of like they judge the best in show part of a dog show.

It sounds like an interesting way to deal with the issue.
     
    02-25-2010, 05:37 PM
  #5
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysbehind    
I believe the term is stock type not stalk type. (And it is thoroughbred)

At the open shows and 4H shows in my area the judge, in theory, judges the particular horse against what that breed would be judged against. Kind of like they judge the best in show part of a dog show.

It sounds like an interesting way to deal with the issue.
can you pple PLEASE!!!!!! Leave my spelling and grammar alone. It realy ticks me off, I don't feel like taking the time to spell check everything I write ok. Its not hurting you or anybody else so just do me a favor and stop. Thnx
     
    02-25-2010, 07:51 PM
  #6
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariat164    
can you pple PLEASE!!!!!! Leave my spelling and grammar alone. It realy ticks me off, I don't feel like taking the time to spell check everything I write ok. Its not hurting you or anybody else so just do me a favor and stop. Thnx
But someone coming on here might not realize you mean "stock". It's for clarification. And proper spelling, grammar and punctuation makes a post much easier to read. As does not posting in "text speak", which happens to be a forum rule, if I recall correctly.

Just trying to help.
     
    02-26-2010, 07:10 AM
  #7
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Beau    
But someone coming on here might not realize you mean "stock". It's for clarification. And proper spelling, grammar and punctuation makes a post much easier to read. As does not posting in "text speak", which happens to be a forum rule, if I recall correctly.

Just trying to help.
I think most pple (who aren't complete idiots) can figure out I meant stock, I was realy tired when I typed that. I have to spell/grammer check every stupid little thing I do for school, so I don't feel like doing it on the internet and its not like nobody can understand me, obviously you understood me enough to reply. Im not trying to be mean, im just sick of pple nit picking at me.
     
    02-26-2010, 11:29 AM
  #8
Banned
If you want people to take your questions seriously, then like everything else in life, you have to take them seriously.

And for the record, I looked up the word Stalk to see if it has some correlation to something horse that I did not know about. So I guess I am stupid in your eyes because I wanted to make sure I understood what you were talking about.

You may have noticed that your original post was hard enough to understand that I had to ask what you meant by it. So what you type does matter.
     
    02-26-2010, 12:49 PM
  #9
Showing
No, I had NO clue what you were talking about when you said 'stalk' type horses.

I thought you meant tall and gangly. That's the definition of 'stalky'.

Your spelling and grammar will be VERY important once you're out in the real world trying to make a living.

It amuses me how many people have no clue how to use spellcheck, and yet expect everyone else to just try and figure out what they're saying.

Proper grammar, punctuation and spelling take no more effort than being bad at them. Ignorance and being lazy are BAD traits, and won't be appreciated in a work setting.
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hunter Under Saddle?? ShannonSevenfold English Riding 6 01-07-2009 05:55 PM
Selling a hunter saddle chocshadow15 Horse Tack and Equipment 1 08-11-2008 08:46 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0