How Much do saddles cost - Page 2
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > English Riding

How Much do saddles cost

This is a discussion on How Much do saddles cost within the English Riding forums, part of the Riding Horses category
  • How much do english saddles cost
  • How much does a saddle cost

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    03-16-2010, 09:50 PM
  #11
Green Broke
You're right KittenVal, it's not necessarily a hard and fast rule. Not EVERY $4,000 saddle is going to the best saddle in the world. After all, I've sat in a few Butets that I wouldn't give $5 for and one very hard Devoucoux (although I've sat in about 4 or 5 other Devoucouxs that were as close to saddle heaven as you could get). And not every $500 saddle is going to be crap. "Comfort" is in the 'seat of the beholder' but I've sat in a ridiculous number of saddles and as a whole I've found that the comfort/quality level of most $2500 and $4000+ saddles are not on the same plane.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    03-16-2010, 10:32 PM
  #12
Trained
Depends on what you want.

I have two Wintec 500 ap - I bought one 10 years ago for $600, and the other about a year ago for $300.

I also have a custom made Peter Nelson stock saddle that was $4,000. It is light years ahead of my wintecs for quality and comfort, but I do still love my wintecs.
     
    03-17-2010, 12:50 PM
  #13
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by upnover    
You're right KittenVal, it's not necessarily a hard and fast rule. Not EVERY $4,000 saddle is going to the best saddle in the world. After all, I've sat in a few Butets that I wouldn't give $5 for and one very hard Devoucoux (although I've sat in about 4 or 5 other Devoucouxs that were as close to saddle heaven as you could get). And not every $500 saddle is going to be crap. "Comfort" is in the 'seat of the beholder' but I've sat in a ridiculous number of saddles and as a whole I've found that the comfort/quality level of most $2500 and $4000+ saddles are not on the same plane.
Agreed, I used to be a cheap saddle kind of girl because that's all I could afford, until my Collegiate GAVE me the worst injury I've had like in my entire riding career lol. After that I sat in a lot of higher end saddles and dang is my butt ever happy I bought an Antares.
     
    03-17-2010, 10:53 PM
  #14
Showing
Quote:
Originally Posted by upnover    
"Comfort" is in the 'seat of the beholder' but I've sat in a ridiculous number of saddles and as a whole I've found that the comfort/quality level of most $2500 and $4000+ saddles are not on the same plane.
Ha-ha! Yes, I'm not arguing with that one. Certainly most expensive saddles have good reasons to be expensive. :) I hope to have enough money one day to get the custom saddle.
     
    03-17-2010, 10:54 PM
  #15
Showing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Void    
Agreed, I used to be a cheap saddle kind of girl because that's all I could afford, until my Collegiate GAVE me the worst injury I've had like in my entire riding career lol. After that I sat in a lot of higher end saddles and dang is my butt ever happy I bought an Antares.
How did that happen? I had very bad fall in Wintec once (saddle broke on me going downhill), but never heard about any problems with other brands.
     
    03-18-2010, 01:45 AM
  #16
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten_Val    
How did that happen? I had very bad fall in Wintec once (saddle broke on me going downhill), but never heard about any problems with other brands.
Well my horse stopped in the middle of a victory gallop and I tore myself on the pommel down there..... blood everywhere. I thought I was bleeding to death.... if I had gotten to the ER in time I would have needed at least 10 stitches....
     
    03-20-2010, 11:25 PM
  #17
Showing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Void    
Well my horse stopped in the middle of a victory gallop and I tore myself on the pommel down there..... blood everywhere. I thought I was bleeding to death.... if I had gotten to the ER in time I would have needed at least 10 stitches....
Wow! That sounds very scary! I had such stop in western saddle once, but I just flew forward and landed on my two right next to the horse. I'm glad you didn't bleed to death!
     

Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How Much Does Your Feed/Hay Cost$$$ 7Ponies Horse Health 59 09-02-2009 04:44 AM
How much does it cost to keep a horse? crystal drops Horse Talk 24 07-10-2009 11:06 AM
Cost of MTG? DixiesPaintedNova Horse Grooming 17 01-14-2009 07:58 PM
The Cost of Horses? Nomi Horse Talk 26 08-17-2008 02:51 PM
cost of gelding KANSAS_TWISTER Horse Health 4 04-10-2008 03:50 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0