Jellypantz?
   

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > English Riding

Jellypantz?

This is a discussion on Jellypantz? within the English Riding forums, part of the Riding Horses category
  • Jellypantz for riders
  • Jellypantz briefs

Like Tree3Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    05-31-2013, 12:06 PM
  #1
Foal
Jellypantz?

So, I've looked, and there's no board for "uncomfortable question with too much personal information," so I'm posting here.

In addition to horseback riding, I spend a lot of time on a bike saddle, and I've started having some, uh, crotch issues. Not so much chafing, but soreness and some irritation from the seams in my underwear.

I've seen lots of products out there, but none of them get really good reviews. Before I fork out 50 bucks for a pair of underwear, I'm wondering if anyone has tried Jellypantz (http://www.jellypantz.com/)? Is so, what are your opinions?

Has anyone tried any other options that work well? I'm willing to try (almost) anything at this point!
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    05-31-2013, 01:47 PM
  #2
Foal
I have not heard of Jellypantz, but my dad is a long time pro road biker and I used to ride with him a fair amount. I always found that ditching the undies and just using a good quality pair of biking shorts with a chamois built in prevented a lot of the aching. Also, go into a bike shop that does fittings and find out if your seat really fits. I always thought I had a good bike saddle, but turns out for the first 4 years I was in too wide of a seat (seems counter-intuitive).

I also switched to wearing tight bike shorts with chamois under my riding breeches for a while when I was training and competing a bunch of hours a day.

Good luck!
     
    05-31-2013, 04:18 PM
  #3
seh
Foal
JellyPantz

JellyPantz Starter Kits come with a money back guarantee for first time customers. All you risk is the cost of shipping!
     
    05-31-2013, 04:24 PM
  #4
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by seh    
JellyPantz Starter Kits come with a money back guarantee for first time customers. All you risk is the cost of shipping!

So you're saying I should go for it, huh?!?

I definitely need a better pair of bike shorts. I'm hoping I can use the Jelly Pantz for both saddles. I don't want anything too bulky in either case, but I've got to do something different.
     
    05-31-2013, 06:04 PM
  #5
Weanling
This is an old thread about JellyPantz.

Jelly Pantz- Undies for riders????
     
    05-31-2013, 06:36 PM
  #6
Weanling
Okay, despite the horrid name... I have been interested in trying them. I was going to order then I got a free undies coupon from Victoria's Secret and got a pair of no-show that are amazing for riding. However, I would still like to try the jellypantz. If you get a pair be sure to post a review.
     
    05-31-2013, 08:34 PM
  #7
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by updownrider    
This is an old thread about JellyPantz.

Jelly Pantz- Undies for riders????
Yeah, I saw that. I read the entire thread before I posted because no one in that thread had actually tried the Jellypantz. Lots of other interesting suggestions, though, like thongs (tried it, can't stand it) and going commando (not sure I can bring myself to try that).
     
    05-31-2013, 08:36 PM
  #8
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldComic    
Okay, despite the horrid name... I have been interested in trying them. I was going to order then I got a free undies coupon from Victoria's Secret and got a pair of no-show that are amazing for riding. However, I would still like to try the jellypantz. If you get a pair be sure to post a review.
I've tried those, too! I don't like them for riding at all. Maybe I have an unusual shape? I've been wearing New Balance wicking briefs, which are the least irritating, but still irritating. Glad the no-shows are working for you!

I've got them in my "cart," haven't yet checked out. If I do, I will definitely let you know how they are!
     
    05-31-2013, 08:48 PM
  #9
Started
If the Jellypantz don't work, I saw a (new?) product that allows 'going commando' with some sort of disposable protection that adheres secretly to one's pants - (can't remember the name, but the word, 'commando' was in it). Sounds like a pantyliner the way I describe, but looked like a really doable product actually....
goingnowhere1 and PinkStella like this.
     
    06-02-2013, 06:46 PM
  #10
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northernstar    
If the Jellypantz don't work, I saw a (new?) product that allows 'going commando' with some sort of disposable protection that adheres secretly to one's pants - (can't remember the name, but the word, 'commando' was in it). Sounds like a pantyliner the way I describe, but looked like a really doable product actually....
I googled "commando pads" and found these. Interesting idea! Hollywood Commando Disposable Underwear
     

Thread Tools



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0