The word(for lack of better disription) "equestrianism"... What does that even mean? Last time I checked it wasnt even a word. I have always called the action: Horse Back Riding and Equitation. Posted via Mobile Device
People that don't pay attention to other people in the arena that are riding as while. I don't know how many times I've yelled what side I'm passing them on and they still don't have a clue what's going on.
- People who use gadgets all the time when they ride. Example, standing martingales, german martingales and etc, etc, etc, etc, etc
- People who use gadgets and have no idea how to correclty ride to coorespond with that particular gadget. Thinking they are doing good, when instead they are making the horse go backwards
- People who blame their horse for things..like "My horse refused the fence" or "My horse is really strong and powerful, how do I fix him?" etc, etc instead of stopping and looking at themselves for the fault and the cause of the results they are getting.
- Riders who make their horses conform to them, instead of them learning to conform to the horse
- Riders who throw stronger bits into their horses mouths to solve a problem
- Riders who stay on the rail. Get off the rail and learn how to use the arena to your advantage.
- People who jump all the time.
- People who start young horses too early, and people who are jumping their horses at the age of 3-4 already doing 3'0" - 4'0".
- Uneducated Coaches, coaches who don't take lessons themselves, or ride and compete themselves - turning out uneducated riders.
See-sawing on the reins.
Show parents who ruin their kids love for horses.
People who have horses but should probably just buy a motorbike instead.
People who breed because "I love my horsey so muchhhh and they'd be a good mommy and look he has spots!"