Scary ride!
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > English Riding

Scary ride!

This is a discussion on Scary ride! within the English Riding forums, part of the Riding Horses category

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    01-07-2010, 08:56 PM
  #1
Weanling
Scary ride!

I had a horrible ride yestrday! Click here for the whole story:
Rocky: Thank God for helmets!

It's really crazy, leave comments!
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    01-08-2010, 09:33 PM
  #2
Showing
Wow that's scary.....especially bareback! I left two comments as "sage" on ways to slow down his gallop lol. When horses gallop, they get an adrenaline rush that's almost impossible to sober if they're not in the mood to listen ;)
     
    01-08-2010, 10:27 PM
  #3
Yearling
Thank heaven for helmets!
     
    01-09-2010, 12:14 AM
  #4
Showing
You are one lucky kid. Good for you for wearing your helmet. Glad you turned out ok. What was the owner's reaction and explanation for the mares behavior and actions?
     
    01-09-2010, 12:43 AM
  #5
Banned
You think you had a scary ride? On Tuesday I got reared and my horse flipped over backwards on me on the trail. He has reared before, but its getting worse. I was completely fine, but he is off to the trainers before I ride him again.
     
    01-09-2010, 01:27 AM
  #6
Trained
Wow, that was no fun! Glad you're okay though
     
    01-09-2010, 01:52 AM
  #7
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Geldings    
You are one lucky kid. Good for you for wearing your helmet. Glad you turned out ok. What was the owner's reaction and explanation for the mares behavior and actions?

I'm the owner... and I was trying to talk her through stopping her by giving half halts and trying to make smaller circles but I think that she was too panicked to even hear me. I don't blame her though because I would've been too! Anyways, she has ridden her before and she has been fine. I think that my horse just got scared because I ride her a lot differently than Eventingislovee does so she could tell I was riding her. I am just assuming but also I don't know but maybe Eventingislovee was gripping too? Which also causes my horse to go faster. And since she started freaking out (my horse) she just keeps going.
     
    01-10-2010, 12:05 AM
  #8
Weanling
Thunderhooves, that's terrible, I hope your horse gets better. :/ And thanks everyone!
     
    01-10-2010, 01:31 AM
  #9
Showing
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahhIridetbs    
I'm the owner... and I was trying to talk her through stopping her by giving half halts and trying to make smaller circles but I think that she was too panicked to even hear me. I don't blame her though because I would've been too! Anyways, she has ridden her before and she has been fine. I think that my horse just got scared because I ride her a lot differently than Eventingislovee does so she could tell I was riding her. I am just assuming but also I don't know but maybe Eventingislovee was gripping too? Which also causes my horse to go faster. And since she started freaking out (my horse) she just keeps going.

Oh ok, was asking because it helps understand why things happened the way it did. I don't think most of us would have handled the situation any differently. Glad she turned out ok and hopefully more riding with the mare will help her stay more settled.
Good luck
     
    01-10-2010, 11:34 PM
  #10
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Geldings    
Oh ok, was asking because it helps understand why things happened the way it did. I don't think most of us would have handled the situation any differently. Glad she turned out ok and hopefully more riding with the mare will help her stay more settled.
Good luck
Haha yeahh and I have always wondered how I am able to ride her cross country because she is crazy and a handful!
     



Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SCARY, SCARY moments at horse shows JumpersRule Horse Shows 20 04-23-2011 08:22 AM
Scary Jumps showjumpxo Jumping 15 09-07-2008 08:16 PM
Scary ride!! myboydoc Horse Riding 13 06-07-2008 08:17 AM
wow, so scary! Kirsten93 Horse Talk 8 06-04-2008 11:09 AM
the scary scary arena :D jazzyrider Horse Training 19 02-27-2008 06:16 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0