Thinking About Switching to English- Questions
Just as the title states, I am looking into/thinking about switching over to English. I have ridden western all my life and; therefore, have a few questions.
1) How does riding English compare to western? Is it more difficult? How easy would it be to transition over? Do you absolutely have to take lessons? I previously took lessons (western) at a mainly English barn- I was the only western rider there. I took a few English lessons there as well- walking, troting, basic postion, two point.
2) Is Jeffries a good brand? If not, what are some other good brands to look for?
3) What size saddle would I need? I currently ride in a 15.5"-16" saddle.
4) Is black tack hard to come by? I am currently looking at a saddle that is black and would like to know if matching tack would be difficult to find.
5) What does monoflap mean?
6) Any advice? I would like to someday compete in jumping or eventing.
Thanks in advance,
Willie's Favorite (Big Red) - 2004 TWH Gelding | Hoss - 2005 Quarter Horse Gelding
RIP Justice (1974 - Jan 5, 2012) Gone But Not Forgotten