Wearing riding attire after riding - Page 9
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > English Riding

Wearing riding attire after riding

This is a discussion on Wearing riding attire after riding within the English Riding forums, part of the Riding Horses category
  • I look stupid in riding breeches
  • Wearing riding boots and breeches all the time

Like Tree210Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    08-19-2013, 01:39 PM
  #81
Foal
I don't want to change my clothes that many times in a day. If I was just riding, expect to see me in breeches and field boots. Horses smell nice. I have a confession to make, I have worn my field boots to CHURCH twice. Get at me, they are the fanciest, cleanest, shiniest, and best fitting pair of shoes I own (BY FAR) and also in the best shape. I wear them with dress clothes too. And 5 times a week to ride in, but I clean and condition every time. I went straight from my lesson to Cabela's a few days ago, and there were a bunch of people saying things like "nice boots" and lots of stares, but if I wanted to be all snobby, I would criticize their stupid camo. Anyway, what's the point of getting all hussy about the type of clothes someone is wearing at the store? They are just as legitimate as whatever you're wearing (unless you are wearing flip flops or toms, in which case riding shoes are by far more legitimate). As far as being "smelly" around your precious food, it's either in a package or something that you should wash anyway. Plus my smell isn't going to infect your food or anything. Ridiculous! At least my butt has fabric over it. Be happy.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    08-19-2013, 01:48 PM
  #82
Showing
I have gone to work in my riding clothes before. I forgot to grab a change of clothes before I left the house and didn't have time to stop and get them before work after I'd been at the barn riding and mucking. So, I went to work (as a cashier at Goodwill) in black denim leggings, half chaps, and my Ariat Terrains. Luckily, I live in a small mostly ranching community, so instead of thinking it was stupid or whatever, most people thought it was pretty cool.

As far as going to the store and such in riding clothes, again, I live in a ranching community, so there are people in smelly old boots and dusty/dirty jeans and button-downs at the store all the time. If you DON'T see someone dressed like that, it's a rarity.
Posted via Mobile Device
Golden Horse likes this.
     
    08-19-2013, 07:42 PM
  #83
Foal
I love the attention I get when I wear my riding clothes in public

On my lesson days I carry all my riding stuff with me to work and change there before leaving so I always get weird looks when I come out of the bathroom, not in my usual black polo/green apron combo, but in breeches and half chaps with a crop sticking out of the top of my bag cause it doesnt fit lol. And then I ride the bus home and my transfer stop is on a busy street and people are always craning their necks cause I look so very out of place. I probably wouldn't have an issue going anywhere dressed like that. Like I said, I love the attention lol.
     
    08-19-2013, 07:51 PM
  #84
Weanling
Oh gosh im guilty of GOING TO SCHOOL in my riding clothes lol. I have lessons on Tuesday afternoons right after school so I just say screw it and wear them all day cause changing is a pain. Also sometimes after working at the ranch all day me and my barn buddies go out to eat in our riding clothes all sweaty, muddy and caked in poo... Its funny cause we always see those "fake" country girls there in their prissy little fake cowgirly boots and they always stare at us like we have some disease lol.
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    08-19-2013, 08:41 PM
  #85
Foal
Im quite guilty of going to school with my riding clothes or even half my riding clothes.....id change my shirt and clean my hair and nails mostly lol. Just the other day I went to a car show covered in horse apples and smelling of horse and horse apples lol.
     
    08-19-2013, 09:46 PM
  #86
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgazibar    
I don't want to change my clothes that many times in a day. If I was just riding, expect to see me in breeches and field boots. Horses smell nice. I have a confession to make, I have worn my field boots to CHURCH twice. Get at me, they are the fanciest, cleanest, shiniest, and best fitting pair of shoes I own (BY FAR) and also in the best shape. I wear them with dress clothes too. And 5 times a week to ride in, but I clean and condition every time. I went straight from my lesson to Cabela's a few days ago, and there were a bunch of people saying things like "nice boots" and lots of stares, but if I wanted to be all snobby, I would criticize their stupid camo. Anyway, what's the point of getting all hussy about the type of clothes someone is wearing at the store? They are just as legitimate as whatever you're wearing (unless you are wearing flip flops or toms, in which case riding shoes are by far more legitimate). As far as being "smelly" around your precious food, it's either in a package or something that you should wash anyway. Plus my smell isn't going to infect your food or anything. Ridiculous! At least my butt has fabric over it. Be happy.
My flip flops are better than most peoples shat upon boots, and if Im going to a restaurant that doesn't say "taco Bell" on the front, I reserve the right as a pregnant woman to vomit all over your clean boots from the odor wafting from your smelly clothes.

Again, if you're not one of those people who goes in public straight from the gym covered in sweat and body funk, why would you do it in dirty riding clothes? I don't mean a couple stray hairs either!

PS. Just because your butt "has fabric over it" doesn't mean you're doing us any real favors!
     
    08-19-2013, 09:52 PM
  #87
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by whalegirl    
I love the attention I get when I wear my riding clothes in public

On my lesson days I carry all my riding stuff with me to work and change there before leaving so I always get weird looks when I come out of the bathroom, not in my usual black polo/green apron combo, but in breeches and half chaps with a crop sticking out of the top of my bag cause it doesnt fit lol. And then I ride the bus home and my transfer stop is on a busy street and people are always craning their necks cause I look so very out of place. I probably wouldn't have an issue going anywhere dressed like that. Like I said, I love the attention lol.
Yeah-you obviously DO enjoy the attention if you parry your clothes to work, change there, then go home...and carry a crop in the bag? Drama much? Perhaps you need a reality series.
     
    08-19-2013, 09:57 PM
  #88
Weanling
Gah people are so mean lol
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    08-19-2013, 09:59 PM
  #89
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonwolfmoon    
My flip flops are better than most peoples shat upon boots, and if Im going to a restaurant that doesn't say "taco Bell" on the front, I reserve the right as a pregnant woman to vomit all over your clean boots from the odor wafting from your smelly clothes.

Again, if you're not one of those people who goes in public straight from the gym covered in sweat and body funk, why would you do it in dirty riding clothes? I don't mean a couple stray hairs either!

PS. Just because your butt "has fabric over it" doesn't mean you're doing us any real favors!


Lol danggggg calm down lol people can do what they want, havent you seen the people of Walmart?
And we don't always go out in DIRTY riding clothes, I wear my clean ones about too.
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    08-19-2013, 10:03 PM
  #90
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieThePalomino    
Lol danggggg calm down lol people can do what they want, havent you seen the people of Walmart?
Posted via Mobile Device
lolz that's what I was getting at with the PS, I just didnt wanna SAY IT ;)

There is so much attitude crammed into one post, I just couldn't take it lying down!

And how many horse people also wear camo? Not me but sheesh....

Ets: I see nothing wrong with clean riding clothes or even buttless chaps with no pants as long as a) we can't see the goods and b) the person doesn't smell like a zoo. But then again, Im from SoCal. You know we are all liberal, tree loving hippies 'round here, right? ;)
     

Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Riding Attire Bluebird Horse Riding 28 12-04-2012 10:03 AM
Mennonite women's riding attire Tessa7707 Horse Riding 34 11-04-2012 01:32 AM
Riding Instructor not wearing helmet...grrrr BarnBratt Horse Riding 45 11-25-2010 10:35 PM
Riding Attire (English) Whipple Horse Talk 11 05-12-2009 02:30 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0