What colour of hunt coat?
   

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > English Riding

What colour of hunt coat?

This is a discussion on What colour of hunt coat? within the English Riding forums, part of the Riding Horses category
  • Color signifinance english riding hunting coats
  • Black hunt coat in hunters?

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    02-23-2011, 07:25 AM
  #1
Foal
Post What colour of hunt coat?

I am doing showing this year, for the first time, so I need a hunt coat, because I am at a hunt barn and I am doing hunter. {Lol} I have a nice bay horse. I was thinking about solid black blazer with pale blue or white shirt?
Yes or no? I am just doing Short Stirrup and Pre-Novice at a schooling level. Also some Pony Club. So? What do you guys think?
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    02-23-2011, 08:24 AM
  #2
Started
Hunters ime tend to stay away from black, and lean more towards various colors. I've seen browns, greys, and fine patterns and what not. It really varies. However I also have seen people in black hunt coats at schooling shows as well as many people who event or do other disciplines will go to schooling shows to practice.

I don't think it's a huge deal, but I tend to go with color myself and since I event I do my dressage in a dark coat. Good luck and when is the show?
     
    02-23-2011, 08:24 AM
  #3
Weanling
I love a navy or black hunt coat. Keep it traditional for hunters. My hunt coat is black and my shirt is white with very pale blue pinstripes. When I go to the 'A' rated hunter shows everyone has black or navy blazers, with pale colored or white shirts. My combo has done me justice. Dallas and I are undefeated in our division.

A black blazer with a white or pale blue shirt sounds good to me! I also have a light blue shirt I use from time to time. Your picks should look very nice on a bay.
     
    02-23-2011, 06:31 PM
  #4
Foal
Dark blue or black. If you want to look less dressage-ey, you can get a black jacket with pinstripes or windowpanes, etc.

Shirts can run the gamut from soft pastels, pinstripes or a solid white. There's some flexibility there, so long as it all looks good together.
     
    02-23-2011, 06:41 PM
  #5
Green Broke
I live in the same province that you do StarPony, and can say with confidence that the MOST common jackets (at any hunter show I have been to within the past two years) has been black or navy. There are some grey jackets out there, but not as many as black and navy.

I wear a navy jacket with purple windowpanes(like pinstriping but a more plaid-like pattern) and a light purple shirt.

You should check out Equestrian Factory Outlet, as they have brand names for less....like RJ Classics who have GREAT coats.

EFO Locations
     
    02-23-2011, 08:47 PM
  #6
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetsAB    
I live in the same province that you do StarPony, and can say with confidence that the MOST common jackets (at any hunter show I have been to within the past two years) has been black or navy. There are some grey jackets out there, but not as many as black and navy.

I wear a navy jacket with purple windowpanes(like pinstriping but a more plaid-like pattern) and a light purple shirt.

You should check out Equestrian Factory Outlet, as they have brand names for less....like RJ Classics who have GREAT coats.

EFO Locations
is it different in CAN or am I that out of the trends or are the schooling shows that different from the rateds these days? You have me curious to learn more! :)
     
    02-24-2011, 07:33 AM
  #7
Foal
Thank you so much guys!
     
    02-24-2011, 07:38 AM
  #8
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ82Sky    
hunters ime tend to stay away from black, and lean more towards various colors. I've seen browns, greys, and fine patterns and what not. It really varies. However I also have seen people in black hunt coats at schooling shows as well as many people who event or do other disciplines will go to schooling shows to practice.

I don't think it's a huge deal, but I tend to go with color myself and since I event I do my dressage in a dark coat. Good luck and when is the show?
Well, I have a schooling show in March, Pony Club Rallies in July/August and I might go to local stuff towards the end of the year
     
    02-24-2011, 07:38 AM
  #9
Foal
And Im really sorry guys I put this in the wrong forum.
     
    02-24-2011, 11:56 AM
  #10
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ82Sky    
is it different in CAN or am I that out of the trends or are the schooling shows that different from the rateds these days? You have me curious to learn more! :)

Actually up until a few years ago I didn't see a lot of black (rated or schooling), a lot of hunters think they look too "dressagey". But lately black has made a big comeback, but almost always with a subtle pattern like a plaid or a windowpane. (although, solids in general aren't that instyle right now, most people want a pattern) I think grey (esp dark grey) is still quite popular, but navy is always classic. I'm seeing less and less browns and light greys these days.
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tailoring a Hunt Coat? RidingTowardsGrace Horse Show Clothing 5 02-02-2011 04:33 PM
Hunt Coat shiloh2011 Horse Show Clothing 2 01-29-2011 11:03 AM
Hunt coat colors? ChristineNJ Horse Shows 3 03-08-2010 04:00 AM
Favourite Coat Colour?? Jubilee Rose Horse Talk 12 06-11-2008 09:11 PM
Show Coat Colour futolympeventer327 Horse Talk 2 03-08-2007 11:34 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0