I have applied for countless jobs, I really can't even guess at a number. Most of the time my applications are ignored and that's okay: The job is already taken, I don't have enough experience or I am not local enough. I have very much got used to having my application ignored as it happens about 85-90% of the time.
Since June last year, I have been looking for a job and the first one I applied for, I got. Way to lead me into a false sense of security. I love this job, a travelling groom job. 4-5 horses and a really nice group of people. BUT, I have been looking for more work since as this is only a weekend job from April-October. It's not every weekend, sometimes it is just one weekend a month so you can see why I am looking for more work or a more sustainable job.
Well at least there have been some responses but...
- I have been told that my riding isn't good enough by someone who has never seen me ride.
- I was told that my riding wasn't good enough by someone who gave me a lame horse to ride.
- I have been offered a job abroad and as soon as I gave them my personal details, they ignored me.
- I have been told that mucking out paper bedding is a very hard job and I probably wont be capable.
- I have had potential employers practically giving me the job during the interview, gushing about how wonderful I was and that they would be on contact as soon as they knew when I could start. I've heard nothing from them.
- I have had many say that I don't have enough experience and I think, for my age, I have a lot of experience. Especially as I was in education up until last year.
- and a few get really personal about why they don't want to employ you which I think is so unnecessary.
Is it because I am young, short or a girl? I have no idea but I am not going to give up easily!