Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USDF Region 1, USEA Area 2, USEF Zone 3 - Maryland
1. Do you do any other sport to keep fit?
Do barn chores count? ;)
I have some serious muscles from doing those. I'm going to start running over the winter to keep fit also. But no more team sports for me since high school.
2. How often are your horses ridden to keep fit?
When we're in the midst of event season, 4-6 days a week depending on my schedule.
3. How much time do you usually spend at one level before moving up?
The fastest I've moved a horse up is starting spring at BN, running 4 novices over the summer/fall and tackling a training in October. But that horse was REALLY good and brave... an exception in my book. Normally we hang out for most, if not all season, at one level.
4. What do you find is the hardest part to eventing?
Walking the xc course. It's always in the morning and the dew gets everything wet... it just annoys me. And it seems to be really rainy/cold or really really hot/HUMID whenever we're out there... trekking across east-jesus.
5. What do you find is the most enjoyable part of eventing?
Depends on the horse. If I have a real point-and-go kind of guy - XC for sure. On my little QH - dressage, definitely - XC is a PITA on him.
6. Do you have a trainer?
I normally do... we're in between trainers right now though.
7. If yes to the above; Do you have an eventing trainer or do you have separate trainers for dressage and jumping?
I used to be with an event trainer and that's the kind I'm going back to next spring. I do go to my dressage trainer every now and then though if we need it - and that's who I'm riding with over the winter.
8. What type of leg protection do you use on your horses during the jumping phases?
For stadium my horses get open fronts and either ankles or full hind boots. On XC they'll have double lock woofs (BN/N) or Nunn Finer American Style boots (T and up). And Professional's Choice no-turn bell boots for both.
-Melanie Mom to 3 bays: Beau, Daisy & Cavalina
Last edited by My Beau; 11-28-2009 at 11:09 AM.