Eventing Stars of the Future
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > English Riding > Eventing

Eventing Stars of the Future

This is a discussion on Eventing Stars of the Future within the Eventing forums, part of the English Riding category
  • Eventing stars

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    10-16-2012, 09:25 PM
  #1
Foal
Eventing Stars of the Future

I would like to do eventing with my horse when we are older and I was wondering what I could do now to increase our chances of being successful in the future as she is only four years old and therefore still learning the ropes of riding.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    10-17-2012, 12:34 AM
  #2
Started
Give her a really good start in dressage and take her out on trail rides so she gets used to wide open spaces.
     
    10-17-2012, 11:33 AM
  #3
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumanji321    
Give her a really good start in dressage and take her out on trail rides so she gets used to wide open spaces.
Thanks :) How do you put up a profile picture??
     
    10-17-2012, 07:11 PM
  #4
Trained
Click on your username, go to user CP and you see options on the left that let you post a picture.
     
    10-19-2012, 02:34 PM
  #5
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBoyPuck    
Click on your username, go to user CP and you see options on the left that let you post a picture.
Thanks
     
    10-19-2012, 02:54 PM
  #6
Banned
LOTS of dressage!
When you rid her make sure she is on the bit. Her back should be round, hindquarters engaged, and head down. Make sure you do lots of bending, collecting and extending. :)
-equinegirl26
     
    10-19-2012, 03:21 PM
  #7
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by equinegirl26    
LOTS of dressage!
When you rid her make sure she is on the bit. Her back should be round, hindquarters engaged, and head down. Make sure you do lots of bending, collecting and extending. :)
-equinegirl26
Thanks
     

Tags
eventing, horse riding, training, youngster

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lucky Stars ChingazMyBoy Horse Stories and Poems 1 06-29-2011 03:32 AM
Lucky Stars. ChingazMyBoy Horse Stories and Poems 2 03-05-2011 09:06 AM
FutureChamps - the future of eventing! MadamKing Eventing 26 08-31-2010 07:16 PM
Shooting Stars RegalCharm General Off Topic Discussion 2 10-21-2009 04:51 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0