05-21-2010, 06:59 AM
| || | My Answers in bold
Originally Posted by ChingazMyBoy
So, I've nominated and everything. Now to prepare! I would REALLY love the help of some of the forum members with advice :) It is mine and Chinga's first ODE we are both very excited.
1. Resently I cut Chinga's mane, its so short that I cannot plait it so I need to cut ALL of it off :( Any advice on how to go by this?
Clippers for sure Maddie. Is he good with clippers near his ears as he may get a bit more hesitant when you reach his bridle path. If he's bad with clippers, I'd try a twitch and just getting him used to them. BTW, are you going to let it grow out after or keep it roached?
2. I need a new jumping vest for X/C can anyone reccomend a kind please ?
No advice here, but make sure it fits the Australian Safety Standard.
3. The Lovely Dressage Test - For my life I cannot remember it!! Suggestions?
What test is it? I have little songs that I have for tests in my head, so if you tell me what test Ill send it to you. I'm guessing prep or prelim?
4. Clean Pony Techniques, any suggestions on making Chinga look super clean and pretty for the event.
Its not really a hack show so for the eventing and S/J just have him neat and clean. Don't worry so much about the socks and stars in the jumping events. In dressage, you can pretty him up.
5. Circles, any advice with this lovely shape would be great as Chinga and I completely fail at them. Mainly cantering.
So I'm guessing that you are most definitely doing prelim. You need to think six metres ahead. Chinga has to be prepared to circle. Chinga's body should only be straight at E/B and C/A. I know that probably won't make sense cause its my own little thing but yeeh. If you have transitions near centreline in the circles (I think that's 1C or 1D), I see a lot of people stuff them up.
6. Cross Country round, any advice. Cross Country is for sure our week point. So any extra tips on riding fences, ect.
No advice on these cause the only time I've done CC is when Im just hoonin around at PC. I'd say don't hesitate, keep your head up and be confident.
That's all I remember for now, I get to ride in the arena Sunday so will have our practise of the test then and try to get video to show you guys.