New to eventing: saddle/vest questions! - Page 2
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > English Riding > Eventing

New to eventing: saddle/vest questions!

This is a discussion on New to eventing: saddle/vest questions! within the Eventing forums, part of the English Riding category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        07-14-2012, 10:31 PM
      #11
    Foal
    Equiniphile, I'm with Rob Rohrer. :) I recently switched to him from Kate at Hinkley Eq Center because he travels to my barn (and he has a ton of experience with OTTBs, hooray!). I'm over at Black Diamond Farm in Rittman, if you know of it.

    And yeah, I've been there before! I'll definitely try going there.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        07-14-2012, 10:57 PM
      #12
    Showing
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Karisel    
    Equiniphile, I'm with Rob Rohrer. :) I recently switched to him from Kate at Hinkley Eq Center because he travels to my barn (and he has a ton of experience with OTTBs, hooray!). I'm over at Black Diamond Farm in Rittman, if you know of it.

    And yeah, I've been there before! I'll definitely try going there.
    Oh, really? I haven't taken lessons with him but have friends that have. He does lessons for the kids in our Pony Club. My friend just bought a mare from Hinckley, actually. Her name is Anne's Dancer, do you know her?
         
        07-14-2012, 11:33 PM
      #13
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by equiniphile    
    Oh, really? I haven't taken lessons with him but have friends that have. He does lessons for the kids in our Pony Club. My friend just bought a mare from Hinckley, actually. Her name is Anne's Dancer, do you know her?
    Yeah, he's really cool. The Bath Pony Club? :)

    And yes, I do remember Annie! She's grey, right? I never rode her, I only rode Angelika (their dressage schoolmaster), but I remember seeing her in the barn. I would have snatched her up if I had the money!

    I actually just brought my new boy home today, I wouldn't trade him for the world! I got him from Double D Farm, the racing barn that burned down a couple years ago on 162 (off of Lafayette) if you know of it.
         
        07-15-2012, 12:44 PM
      #14
    Showing
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Karisel    
    Yeah, he's really cool. The Bath Pony Club? :)

    And yes, I do remember Annie! She's grey, right? I never rode her, I only rode Angelika (their dressage schoolmaster), but I remember seeing her in the barn. I would have snatched her up if I had the money!

    I actually just brought my new boy home today, I wouldn't trade him for the world! I got him from Double D Farm, the racing barn that burned down a couple years ago on 162 (off of Lafayette) if you know of it.
    Yep, Bath Pony Club. I just joined this year and it seems like a good group.

    Yes, Annie's gray. She was started in dressage at Hinckley but my friend's gearing her towards hunters. She's training with Carolynn at Stoney Ridge.

    Wow, I remember that barn. Such a shame! Would love to see pictures of your new boy.
         
        07-15-2012, 11:48 PM
      #15
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by equiniphile    
    Yep, Bath Pony Club. I just joined this year and it seems like a good group.

    Yes, Annie's gray. She was started in dressage at Hinckley but my friend's gearing her towards hunters. She's training with Carolynn at Stoney Ridge.

    Wow, I remember that barn. Such a shame! Would love to see pictures of your new boy.
    I've heard it's a good group too, I was never in it but I remember hearing great things. I guess you guys get to do some pretty fun stuff, like a shooting/riding/swimming triathlon or something like that? Seems awesome!

    I was at Stoney Ridge forever. I do like Carolynn, the hunters just wasn't my cup of tea.

    I was trying to upload them here but it wasn't working! I'll just post 'em.


         
        07-16-2012, 12:06 AM
      #16
    Showing
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Karisel    
    I've heard it's a good group too, I was never in it but I remember hearing great things. I guess you guys get to do some pretty fun stuff, like a shooting/riding/swimming triathlon or something like that? Seems awesome!

    I was at Stoney Ridge forever. I do like Carolynn, the hunters just wasn't my cup of tea.

    I was trying to upload them here but it wasn't working! I'll just post 'em.
    Wow, he's gorgeous! Good luck with him.

    I personally haven't done any of the triathlon events, the horses keep me plenty busy . Tessa's the one who bought Annie, you probably know her if you rode at STR for a while. I do know what you mean about hunters not being your thing; I do an STR show with Excel on occasion but just for fun.

         
        07-16-2012, 12:57 AM
      #17
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by equiniphile    
    Wow, he's gorgeous! Good luck with him.

    I personally haven't done any of the triathlon events, the horses keep me plenty busy . Tessa's the one who bought Annie, you probably know her if you rode at STR for a while. I do know what you mean about hunters not being your thing; I do an STR show with Excel on occasion but just for fun.
    Thanks! I love him, he's such a good boy. He's a little pushy on the ground (he's only 3 and was just gelded a few months ago) so we've gotta work on that, but he's already so good under saddle even after only a few rides since he retired. We may pop over to a few fun shows just to get him used to the environment again.

    Actually I do know Tessa! I worked for her dad in their candy shop for a while, we rode together at STR and back at Willow Ridge. I went to school with her sister too. Small world!

    Excel is gorgeous by the way, what a great mover. Is he a TB too? He's all leg!
         
        07-24-2012, 11:22 PM
      #18
    Foal
    You have no idea how much fun your getting into!!!!!!!!:) im not in the mood to repeat everything everyone else has said.. but this is definitely my pick in equestrian sports. Have fun doing it and take care!
         
        07-25-2012, 12:58 AM
      #19
    Showing
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Karisel    
    Thanks! I love him, he's such a good boy. He's a little pushy on the ground (he's only 3 and was just gelded a few months ago) so we've gotta work on that, but he's already so good under saddle even after only a few rides since he retired. We may pop over to a few fun shows just to get him used to the environment again.

    Actually I do know Tessa! I worked for her dad in their candy shop for a while, we rode together at STR and back at Willow Ridge. I went to school with her sister too. Small world!

    Excel is gorgeous by the way, what a great mover. Is he a TB too? He's all leg!
    Really? Small world is right! Did you know her when she had Oscar? Gosh, that was a while ago.

    Yep, Excel's TB all the way. Dealing with a lameness problem right now, but hoping to get it resolved with the vet Friday and get back into the swing of things.
         

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Eventing vest question QHDragon Eventing 20 06-02-2011 04:11 PM
    Eventing vest....good one? equiniphile Horse Tack and Equipment 6 11-27-2010 12:05 AM
    WTB: Eventing Vest wren Tack and Equipment Classifieds 0 03-08-2010 11:31 AM
    WTB: Eventing vest Dressageluver4 Tack and Equipment Classifieds 5 01-31-2010 01:08 AM
    Intec Eventing Vest MyBoyPuck Horse Tack and Equipment 8 06-20-2009 10:29 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:18 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0