Ok, so, we all have our little things we do to help events go smoother, help us be more organized etc. So here is a place to share them with all your fellow eventers!
- I pre-mix all my feed, including suplements, put them in gallon sized zip top bags, and then label them(Fri. PM, Sat AM etc) and I always pack an extra!
- I put a small tubawear container out side my stall with- A sharpie, all his feed(so you don't have to run back and forth between trailer and stall), hay string, sissors, and some furison or pink medicene. Then you have most things right there if it is needed!
- I do NOT trust show stalls for overnighting so after he is done with his nightly feed, I take his feed bucket out, and use the loop de do to double secure his stall door.
- I always bring his nylon halter with me incase he breaks his leather one(has happend before) and so I don't ruin his nice leather one when bathing.
- I bring all my old show numbers so, when I get my packet, I can use that nice number on his show bridle, and then write(let's say im 321) 321 on the back of the old show number and keep that one on his halter so his nice one isn't trashed.