Well, we lost baby bunny Friday night.
Not sure what happened, in her case. She'd been doing so well, eating great, seeming great. Friday morning, she was her normal self, Friday at noon she didn't eat a lot but was still hopping around her box and acting herself. Friday about six o'clock she got really lethargic, and by seven o'clock she started showing definite neurological signs, twisting on her side, pulling her neck back, etc. By 7:30 she died. It was so fast. I don't know what caused it in this case, she had been transitioning to greens fine for several days, and I don't think it was dietary. I would have guessed some kind of poisoning/pesticide toxicity, but I do not treat my property, it's not sprayed with pesticides or weedkillers or anything at all. However, I have lived here less than a year - I suppose I don't know what was done here before I moved in, and that stuff can live in the soil for some time. But there are wild bunnies all over my property, so I wouldn't think that's the case.
So many things can go wrong. I never allowed myself to get my hopes up too much about her, but she had been doing so well - I am sad and bitterly disappointed.