I have seen the property. My mom and I took a whole day trip just to see it. Since its 6hrs from where we live now.
We are waiting until we get pre-approved for the amount to place the offer. Which will be thursday when we find out the exact amount we can afford. And I really think we can qualify for that size of loan. I mean we have 3 incomes on the application. 2 being me and my moms and my grandma co-singed so we have that extra whatever to make it look good on paper.
I don't think we would at all be able to do the weekly vacation rentals this summer. It would be next summer after we did the remodels or whatever it needs to make it nice. I think the houses have potential to being nice places. My grandparents actually build houses, and my grandpa is an architech well was. He's actually got really great credntials so I guess "flipping" and remodels are in the blood and we can always get him to help.
Im not afraid of the work, and I would look forward to it. So the house isnt my main concern its just the paper work and waiting to find out if/when we can get it. ITS ONLY SUNDAY! AHG.